North East Derbyshire Online
You are here: Home » About North East Derbyshire » Contact Us » Emergency Contacts

Emergency Contacts


Emergency Contacts

This page contains details of who to contact in case of the following emergencies:

Blocked Drains - for tenants of council owned properties

Dangerous Animals

Dangerous Buildings/Structures

Domestic Violence

Emergency Repairs - for tenants of council owned properties

Emergency Services - contact details for local Police and Fire services


Health Matters - NHS Direct and Social Care


Utilities - for Electricity, Gas and Water emergencies


There are also additional details about:

Floodline and Emergency Planning



Dangerous Buildings/Structures

Our Building Control team deal with reports of dangerous buildings and other structures where there is a threat to public safety. If you are concerned that a structure is dangerous you should report it straight away.

Daytime: 01246 345817 or 345905

Out of hours: 01246 242295

Or see our Dangerous Structures web page.


Please Note:

Our 'Out of Hours' number is for true emergencies only where there is serious risk of harm being caused to you or other people; if an officer is unavailable you should call the emergency services on 999. For emergency repairs to Council property please see Emergency Repairs section below.



Dangerous Animals

If you are concerned about a dangerous animal, do not try and contain it, but report it straight away.

Daytime - Environmental Wardens: 01246 217585

Out of hours - Derbyshire Police: 101 - non-emergency number

Or see our Dog Control web page.

Domestic Violence - in an emergency always dial 999


24 Hour Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247

Derbyshire Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse Service:

6 Fairfield Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 4TP 

Women’s Helpline: 01246 540444

Men’s Helpline: 01246 555549

Agency Line (for referrals): 01246 540464 


Emergency Repairs

We provide a joint emergency repairs service with Bolsover District Council. The service is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

Free Phone: 08000 121621

Or see the Rykneld Homes Emergency Repairs web page.

The service is available to all tenants of Council owned properties in Bolsover and North East Derbyshire.

If you smell gas anywhere in your house or on the street call the National Gas Emergency Service on: 0800 111 999



Blocked Drains

We provide a limited emergency drain clearing service outside normal working hours and at weekends and Bank Holidays.

The service is operated by an external contractor and is available to all tenants of Council owned properties.

Free Phone: 08000 121621

During normal working hours, please contact the Call Centre 01246 231111


If you believe the problem is due to a sewer in the road, please contact:

Yorkshire Water on 08451 242429 or

Severn Trent on 0800 7834444



Emergency Services - in an emergency always dial 999


Fire & Rescue Service

To report a non-emergency incident call: 01332 771221 or go to the Derbyshire Fire Service website.



To report a non-emergency incident call: 101 - non-emergency number or go to the Derbyshire Police website.

Health Matters - in an emergency always dial: 999


Medical & Dental

For medical help outside normal surgery hours call the NHS Direct Helpline number 111 or go to the NHS Direct website.


Social Care (formerly Social Services)

For emergency Social Care help outside office hours call: 01773 728222 




We provide an emergency service for people who are homeless or at immediate risk  of becoming homeless.

Daytime - Homelessness Advice Co-ordinator: 01246 217670
Out of hours - Call Derbyshire: 01629 532600


Streetlink - offers a service for people sleeping rough and for members of the public to provide details about rough sleepers in their neighbourhood. 



Electricity - Power Cuts & Hazards

Contact Western Power Distribution (East Midlands) on: 0800 056 8090

Or go to the Western Power website.


Gas Leaks

Contact the National Gas Emergency Service: 0800 111 999 or go to the National Grid website.


Water Leaks & Bursts 

Contact Severn Trent Water on: 0800 783 4444 or go to the Severn Trent Water website.









The Environment Agency has produced a flood guide that includes how to prepare for floods, what to do if you experience flooding and a flood risk register. For more details go the Environment Agency website or ring Floodline on 0845 988 1188.



Emergency Planning

The Council has contingency plans for dealing with all types of major emergencies. Please see our Emergency Planning web pages.



Derbyshire Prepared

On the Derbyshire Prepared website you can find information and advice to help you better prepare if there was an emergency in the county. Take a look at Derbyshire Prepared.

Contact Details

  • Connect NE Customer Services
  • 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 6NG
  • Location District Council Offices
  • Telephone 01246 231111
  • Fax 01246 217566