North East Derbyshire Online
You are here: Home » Advice and Benefits » Benefits

A Guide to Benefits

With effect from April 2013 there are various schemes available to help you to pay towards housing costs.

  • For help towards your rent please visit the Housing Benefit section (sometimes called Rent Allowance or Rent Rebate).

For further information on the full list of benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions' website has a full A-Z list of benefits, services and policies.

Matching Pages

  • A Guide to Housing BenefitHousing Benefit is a scheme which helps people on low incomes to pay their rent. It cannot be paid to homeowners to help pay their mortgage.
  • Apply for BenefitFind out how to apply for Council Tax or Housing Benefit.
  • Backdating your Benefit claimIf you have been late in applying for benefit, and can show us good reason for your claim being delayed we may be able to backdate your benefit.
  • Benefits Claim Forms and LeafletsA selection of forms and leaflets about Council Tax and Housing Benefits.
  • Changes in your CircumstancesChange Of Circumstances If you get Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit you must notify us in writing if your circumstances change. A phone call is not enough. You must tell us as soon as the change takes place. If you don't tell us about a change you may lose benefit or you may get too much benefit. Don't rely on someone else to pass the message on. It is an offence not to tell us about any change of circumstances that may affect your benefit, and court action may be taken against you. If we...
  • Council Tax Reduction SchemeCouncil Tax Reduction is a scheme to help people who are on low incomes to pay their Council Tax.
  • Local Housing Allowance Bedroom CalculatorBedroom Calculator
  • Our Benefits CalculatorUse our Benefits Calculator to see if you might get help with your rent or Coucil Tax.
  • Over-Paid BenefitsFind out how we recover benefit if you have been paid too much.
  • Reporting and Investigating Benefits FraudIf you think someone is claiming a benefit, discount or exemption when they are not entitled to, please tell us. Send a Report Online: You can report a suspected fraud electronically using our Fraud Report Form on the following page. You don't have to give your name, but it may help if we can contact you for further information if we need to. You can choose whether to send the form electronically or print it and send it through the post to the address below. Either way, your identity will...

Contact Details

  • Connect NE Revenues and Benefits
  • 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 6NG
  • Location District Council Offices
  • Telephone 01246 217600