North East Derbyshire Online
You are here: Home » Environment and Planning » Rubbish, Waste and Recycling » Assisted Collections

Assisted Collection Service

Assisted Collection Service

What happens if I can't move my bin?

We know that some people can't move their wheeled bin, perhaps due to illness or incapacity. If you can show that infirmity or disability stops you being able to move your bin to the collection point, we can provide a collection/return service for you.

You can download the Assisted Collection Application Form below, please complete it and return it to address on page three of the form.

To help speed up your application, please supply supporting information such as proof of Disability Living Allowance, confirmation of infirmity/frailty by visiting care personnel or letter from your GP, Derbyshire County Council Social Care Department Registration of Disability.  An officer will contact you to arrange a home visit to discuss your application.

The Assisted Collection Service applies to your black and green bins and the burgundy recycling bin.


For more information about assisted collections please contact our Clean and Green Line (details below).

Contact Details

  • Refuse Section
  • Rotherside Depot, Rotherside Road, Eckington, Derbyshire, S21 4HL
  • Telephone 01246 217610