Check out what activities we have on offer at Dronfield Sports Centre
Check out what activities we have on offer at Eckington Swimming Pool
Check out what activities we have on offer at Sharley Park Leisure Centre
Or contact the individual centres for details:
- Dronfield Sports Centre Tel: (01246) 217217
- Eckington Swimming Pool Tel: (01246) 217481
- Sharley Park Leisure Centre Tel: (01246) 217277
Please note: not all activities are running at all of the centres, so please check individual programmes for full details.
Our swimming pools are the perfect place for families to come and enjoy a swim. We offer fun sessions in all our pools, which are suitable for children of all ages. (child admission policy applies).
Our pools are available for casual swimming throughout the week, so its easy to take a plunge and have fun with the family! We also offer specific sessions for adults only or lane swimming allowing you to swim at your own pace..
- Dronfield Sports Centre - We have a main swimming pool (25m x 8.5m) and a small pool (8.5m x 6m)
- Eckington Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre - We have a main swimming pool (25m x 12.5m)
- Sharley Park Leisure Centre - We have a main swimming pool (25m x 12.5m) and a small pool (12.5m x 7.3m)
At Eckington Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre and Sharley Park Leisure Centre we stage regular inflatable fun sessions with our Super Slide 'n' Splash and Raging Raft (pictured) inflatables. These inflatables are also available to hire for pool parties.
Please note (this information below applies to Eckington Pool only):
Throughout the holidays Aquafuns are on Mondays and Wednesdays, please call the centre on 01246 217481, or refer to a holiday leaflet for their times’
- Entry to session is first come first served
- Tickets can only be purchased within 30 mins of session starting
- Maximum capacity 60
- Once capacity is reached entry will be stopped for Health and Safety reasons
Please not this only applies to Eckington not SPLC or DSC.
We offer a range of party options at our three leisure facilities. .
Splash out on a pool party at Eckington Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre and Sharley Park Leisure Centre. A small pool party with floats and rafts costs from £95, whilst a big pool party lets you clamber across our giant inflatable obstacle course for just £170. To book your party please telephone 01246 217481 .
Sports Hall Parties
Our new great value package includes:
- 90 minutes sports hall hire - your choice of football, short tennis, badminton, netball, basketball, uni-hoc or kwik cricket. Activities can be combined as much as you like.
- A huge bag full of all the equipment you'll need for a great party experience.
- A free family swim voucher for the birthday boy or girl.
- Discount "Family Swim for a Fiver" voucher for every child attending.
Continue the fun and celebrations in our party room - you're welcome to bring your own food, banners, balloons and entertainment to make the party go with a swing. Our all-inclusive package costs just £70 for a maximum of 20 children and is available on Saturdays, Sundays and up to 6pm midweek (subject to availability). Bookings are taken up to three months in advance. Please note all sessions are unsupervised.
To book your party please contact Dronfield Sports Centre on 01246 217217, Eckington Swimming Pool and Fitness centre on 01246 217481 or Sharley Park Leisure Centre on 01246 217277.
Kids Climbing Parties
Available at Dronfield Sports Centre, let your guests scramble around the climbing zone and then have your party food in the hall while you continue with the fun on the wall. There are loads of different games to keep everyone fully entertained.
The climbing zone will be available for all ages, although under 3's cannot use the Freedom Climber Wheel. This party package costs £70 for 2 hours use (including meal time) for a maximum of 15 children. To book your party please contact Dronfield Sports Centre on 01246 217217.
We have the following membership packages
|JDM Unlimited!||JDM Plus!||JDM Junior!||JDM No Strings!|
|JDM Discount!||JDM Corporate!||Super Saver Card||Adult Swim Saver Card|
JDM Unlimited Offers! £30 per month*
We've frozen our membership prices for 2018 - 2019 - meaning you can still get unlimited use of leisure facilities at Dronfield Sports Centre, Eckington Swimming Pool and Sharley Park Leisure Centre.
That's unlimited use of:
- Fitness suites
- Swimming / exercise classes
*Sign up and get even better value memberships, with 1 & 2 months FREE on 6 & 9 month packages (regular price £30 per month).
Just Do More! Plus £12 per month
Just do More! Plus
To be eligible for this membership plan, you must be between 11 and 19 and have one other family member on our Just do More! Unlimited Membership.
Our Just do More! Plus card gives you:
• Unlimited fitness suite (Children between 11 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult)
• Unlimited swimming.
• Unlimited fitness classes/Junior Gym not available at Sharley Park Leisure Centre. (Age restrictions apply).
For just £12 a month* (via Direct Debit only)
Just Do More! Corporate - £25/month
Do business with us and get discounts on the cost of monthly membership for your employees or volunteers. Regular exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle – and more companies are recognising the benefits of encouraging their employees to be active:
- Reduced stress
- Improved concentration and confidence
- Weight management
- Reduced sickness absence from work
Our package gives unlimited use of leisure facilities in Dronfield, Eckington and Clay Cross:
- Fitness suite
- Swimming and exercise classes
- Reduced rates for squash and badminton
This great value deal, which also includes a free induction for all members, is just £25 a month per person – plus:
- Sign up for six months – get one month free
- Sign up for nine months – get two months free
Corporate membership is also offered to constituted voluntary organisations in North East Derbyshire, including sports clubs and charities.
Super Saver Card - £19 per month
Unlimited use of fitness suites and swimming
- Buy 6 Months for £114 and Get 1 Month FREE (Month 7)
- Buy 9 Months for £171 and Get 2 Month FREE (Months 10 and 11)
Available to anyone with a valid Just do More! Discount Leisure Pass or Concessionary Pass membership.
Just Do More! Junior £16 per month
If you're aged between 8 and 15, why not join our Just Do More! Junior scheme? There's no long tie-ins or direct debits, just sign up at reception and pay £16 per month to get unlimited access to casual swim sessions, badminton, squash and table tennis (including racket hire) at weekends and off-peak periods at Dronfield Sports Centre and Sharley Park Leisure Centre.
Just Do More! No Strings -£6.50 per session
This membership gives you access to great discounts and advance booking privileges. Joining is free and all card holders get access to our leisure centres on a pay and play basis – there is no monthly payment.
Our Just do More! No Strings card gives you:
- Advanced booking - get in first with our priority 8 day advance booking service
- Online booking - book certain activities online, no need to phone
- Special offers throughout the year
- Additional 24 hours priority bookings for Fitness Classes - sign up early for those popular classes.
Just Do More! Discount (Must live in North East Derbyshire) - £2.40 or £3.20 dependant on which pass you are eligible for
We have membership packages (Leisure/Concessionary Pass) which give eligible people discounts on activities, with no monthly fee to pay.
You qualify if you’re:
- Aged 60 or over
- Suffering ill-health and have been advised to exercise by your doctor
- A full-time student (aged 16 or over)
- Unemployed or on a low income
There is a small fee to join and you will need proof of eligibility. Membership must be renewed every year.
Adult Swim Saver Cards - £34.20
Junior Swim Saver Cards - £21.60
10 swims for the price of nine! There's a lot less hassle - no need to mess about with cash and finding the right change. Just show your card and get it signed at reception each time you visit!
A full list of terms and conditions can be seen here.
Our fitness classes provide the perfect environment for you to keep fit with our wide range of group exercise. Our classes cater for any ability, from beginners to advanced. The programme is reviewed regularly to ensure that we are offering the right classes at the right times and introducing new classes to members and casual users. We offer the following classes (please check indvidual facility timetables (Dronfield SC, Eckington SP and Sharley Park LC) for when these classes take place):
- Abs Class - Our abs classes are a great way to tone up the troublesome abdominal region! The class consist of specific moves, sequences and routines put together to give you a great abdominal workout.
- Aerobics - Our aerobics class is a high energy and fun fitness class where you perform a range of aerobic moves shown to you by our motivational instructors! No matter what your age, ability or experience, aerobics class is an inclusive activity suitable for everyone. Our upbeat classes will ensure you are boosting your fitness, getting a top workout, and having a great time!
- Boot Camp - Boot Camp is a full body workout to help build strength and fitness using a variety of exercises and equipment.
- Cardio Club - Open to people with a cardiac related problem and their carers, it follows programme of activitiies to help you overcome cardiac complaints or cardiac surgery.
- Chairobics - Chair based low impact exercise to music led by a fitness instructor.
- Circuit Training - Multi-stationed group exercise class designed to work all the basic elements of fitness (strength, stamina, flexibility). No co-ordination required and all abilities welcomed.
- For the love of fitness - High Intensity workout training, yoga sessions and boxfit. Find something to suit you and rekindle your love with fitness
- Functional Fitness Training - An exercise workout that blasts body fat and tones and builds functional strength and balance.
- G-Cycle - High energy calorie burning workout on the indoor cycles which gets the heart pumping.
- High Intensity - High impact, high intensity fitness workout. Advanced class.
- Hips, Bums and Tums - This class is designed to target those stubborn areas that normal exercise does not get to.
- Insanity Live - The world's most insanely tough workout where you use your body to create the best body you can get.
- Junior Gym - Supervised gym session providing a safe and effective fitness and toning workout for 11 to 15 year olds
- Jogging Groups - Improves your health, helps with weight loss, chance to meet new people led by friendly fully qualified instructors and all abilities are welcome.
- Kettlebells - A hand held weight that is used for an all over top to toe workout combining cardiovascular and resistance exercise to give an all in one class.
- Pilates - Helps improve posture and movement by strengthening and balancing all muscles of the body.
- PiYo - Piyo is a fun, challenging class fusing Pilates And Yoga. You will burn calories, tone muscles, work on balance and get a great stretch!
- Virtual Instructor Sessions - At Dronfield Sports Centre and Eckington Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre. Over 300 classes available to try for both members and pay and play customers.
- Walking Football - Keep fit and stay active. Aimed at over 55s but suitable for all ages. Sessions will develop skills and improve health.
- Yoga - Linked with a focus on breathing this eastern art incorporates strength and flexibility to help develop an inner sense of well being.
- Zumba - Zumba takes the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why these classes are often called exercise in disguise.
Online booking is available for most of our fitness classes here