The Clay Cross Framework has the Vision:
"Clay Cross will capitalise upon its unique location within the D2N2 and Sheffield City Regions and its close proximity to the Peak District National Park to create a successful independent town."
Underpinning this vision are several Regeneration Objectives. These are:
- Empower and Engage the Local Community;
- Deliver Urban Quality;
- Create Living Neighbourhoods;
- Enable a Sustainable Economy
The Framework focuses upon several action areas in the Clay Cross. These are:
- The Town Centre
- High Street
- Bridge Street Triangle
- The former Biwaters site
- Coney Green
The former Coalite site sits within the districts of both North East Derbyshire District Council and Bolsover District Council.
A Masterplan for the site has been created by Bolsover Land Ltd, which covers the residential element (based in North East Derbyshire District) and the employment elements (based in Bolsover District).
For more information about the site, and to keep up to date with its progression, please visit the website www.coalite-regeneration.com
The Avenue site is owned and managed by the Homes and Communities Agency.
North East Derbyshire District Council has produced the Avenue Area Strategic Framework (AASF).
It sets out a vision to create a high quality mixed development – including homes, employment, leisure facilities, transport links and green spaces which will serve the population for years to come.
The aim of the framework is to make sure all future development meets local need, and is carried out in a planned and comprehensive way.
The AASF includes a number of key principles which will guide future development. Some are included below, setting out how the Avenue will:
- Provide new, good quality and sustainable homes
- Provide a significant number of affordable residential units employment and leisure facilities
- Create attractive and useful green spaces
- Create new, high quality travel routes and encourage all modes of transport including bus, cycle and footpath networks
- Create strong pedestrian links with surrounding neighbourhoods
- Develop a strong local identity through attractive public spaces
- Create an attractive, green landscape
You can view the document by downloading it from the document links section on this page.