North East Derbyshire District Council has completed a review of polling districts and polling places in accordance with the Representation of the People Act 1983. The review was undertaken following a review of the Council’s electoral arrangements by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England. The new electoral arrangements will come into force at the local elections in 2019.
The Council has taken into account public comments, observations and representations in reaching its decisions, and has now published revised details of its designated Polling Districts and Polling Places.
The changes to the polling districts and polling places will be incorporated in the revised electoral register to be published on 1st December, 2018.
The following documentation in relation to the review is available to view online at http://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk Hard copies of the documents are available for inspection at the Council Offices, 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, S42 6NG.
- Details of the designation of polling districts and polling places within the North East Derbyshire District as a result of the review; (See Appendix C of the Council report)
- The minutes of meeting of the Council held on 9th July, 2018 which considered the draft recommendations :
- The report and appendices considered by the Council at its meeting held on 9th July 2018 which sets out the reasons for choosing each particular polling place and polling district including responses to public consultation;
- All representations made by any person in connection with the review. (See Appendix “A” of the Council report) and
- Correspondence sent to any person or consultee to whom the authority contacted because they had particular expertise in relation to access to premises or facilities for disabled people. (Letter to consultees)
Following the conclusion of the local authority’s review certain persons have a right to make representations
to the Electoral Commission. If, on receipt of the representations, the Commission find that the review did not:-
- meet the reasonable requirements of the electors in the constituency or a body of them; or
- take sufficient account of the accessibility for disabled persons of a polling station/polling stations with a designated polling place
then the Commission may direct the Council to make any alterations to the polling places as they think necessary and if the alterations are not made within two months, make the alterations themselves.
Any representations must be in writing, either by post, e-mail or fax to:
Legal Counsel, The Electoral Commission, 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ.
Tel: 020 7271 0500 Fax: 020 7271 0505
If you require any further information regarding this review telephone 01246 217058
Chief Executive and Electoral Registration Officer
Please find the publication of verification figure attached here.
North East Derbyshire residents who are already registered to vote willl automatically be sent poll cards to vote in the General Election.
You only need to register if you have moved house or have not previously registered to vote at the address where you live, and the quickest and easiest way to do this is to go online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote, where you will need to provide certain details, which will include your date of birth and National Insurance Number.
Holymoorside and Walton
The next elections to take place in North East Derbyshire are the Derbyshire County Council Elections which will take place on Thursday 4 May 2017.
In North East Derbyshire area, there are 7 electoral divisions represented by 8 Councillors:
Clay Cross North – 1 seat
Clay Cross South – 1 seat
Dronfield East – 1 seat
Dronfield West and Walton – 1 seat
Eckington and Killamarsh – 2 seats
Sutton – 1 seat
Wingerworth and Shirland – 1 seat