The Council Plan 2023-2027 (7 mb | .pdf) aims to create a great place to live and work in North East Derbyshire, a place where people can earn a decent living have a comfortable home and enjoy our beautiful district. We are committed to achieving this ambitious plan by building and acquiring more affordable houses to rent and will be working closely with our housing delivery partner Rykneld Homes Ltd to do this. We will add more resources to tackle ant-social behaviour, review the way we look after our streets and public spaces in our district.
Putting strong community leadership at the heart of everything we do, we will create:
A Great Place...
- A great place to work
- A great place to access good public services
- A great place to live well
- A great place that cares for the environment
- A community with life long good health
- A place to live that people value
- A place where people enjoy spending time
- A community with growing commutable employment opportunities
Our Values are:
- Be honest and accountable.
- Treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Listen, involve and respond.
- Embrace change and innovation.
- Be collaborative, open and transparent.
Leader of North East Derbyshire District Council, Cllr Nigel Barker said, “These are the things that our communities told us are most important to them…we listened and we pledged to deliver this.We are proud to have been tasked by the people of our district to translate these pledges into meaningful action.
We also recognise that many of the challenges that we face cannot be delivered by the Council alone and as such we are proud to work in collaboration with our local partners, other public sector organisations, businesses,the voluntary sector and our communities.
North East Derbyshire is our home, and together we will continue building a positive place that we can all share and enjoy.”