The Cabinet is the Council’s main decision making body.
The Leader of the Council is Chair of the Cabinet and appoints other Councillors as Cabinet members (.pdf | 380kb).
Each Cabinet Member is responsible for particular areas of Council business – this is known as their Portfolio. Cabinet Members are also called Portfolio Holders.
Membership of the Cabinet consists of the following Councillors:
- Councillor Martin Thacker MBE JP (Chair) – Portfolio Holder for Overall Strategic Leadership
- Councillor Alex Dale – Portfolio Holder for Council Services
- Councillor Paul Parkin – Portfolio Holder for Finance
- Councillor Carolyn Renwick – Portfolio Holder for Economic Growth
- Councillor Charlotte Cupit - Portfolio Holder for Environment and Planning
- Councillor Barry Lewis – Portfolio Holder for Partnerships & Leisure
- Councillor Alan Powell – Portfolio Holder for Communications & Housing
- Councillor Jeremy Kenyon – Portfolio Holder for Transformation & Climate Change