The Cabinet is the Council’s main decision making body.
The Leader of the Council is Chair of the Cabinet and appoints other Councillors as Cabinet members (.pdf | 380kb).
Each Cabinet Member is responsible for particular areas of Council business – this is known as their Portfolio. Cabinet Members are also called Portfolio Holders.
Membership of the Cabinet consists of the following Councillors:
- Councillor Alex Dale (Chair) – Portfolio Holder for Overall Strategic Leadership
- Councillor Charlotte Cupit - Portfolio Holder for Environment and Planning
- Councillor Mark Foster – Portfolio Holder for Council Services
- Councillor Paul Parkin – Portfolio Holder for Finance
- Councillor Carolyn Renwick – Portfolio Holder for Housing and Community Safety
- Councillor Alan Powell – Portfolio Holder for Leisure, Communities and Communications
- Councillor Jeremy Kenyon – Portfolio Holder for Economy, Transformation & Climate Change