We have adopted a Constitution which sets out how we operate and how we make decisions.
Our constitution is in several parts:
- Part 1 is a Summary of the Constitution;
- Part 2 are 12 articles which explain how key parts of the Council work
- Part 3 are details about who can do what in the Council
- Part 4 are detailed rules about how particular things operate
- Part 5 are codes and protocols about how Councillors and staff should behave and details of what Councillors can be paid
- Part 6 is an A – Z of the Constitution where the meanings of particular words within the Constitution are given