We are helping to shape a new partnership approach to improve health in our district. While health in our district is relatively good in the county, there are a few groups that still experience poorer health. People can now expect to live longer than ever before, but people living in the most disadvantaged areas have markedly lower life expectancy than those living in the most affluent areas.
The new Healthy North East Derbyshire Partnership will co-ordinate actions to address key areas across three ambitions:
- Building Healthy Communities – Helping local people to make healthier choices by addressing issues like employment, education, housing and the environment.
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyles – Helping to reduce to risk of ill health and early death from major diseases like cancer, heart disease, stroke, respiratory illness and diabetes.
- Improving Access to Preventative Health and Social Care – Early identification of people at risk of requiring preventative health care can allow them to remain independent and self-manage their conditions better.
- Derbyshire County Council
- Rykneld Homes Ltd
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Voluntary organisations
The Partnership is jointly managed by Derbyshire County Council’s Public Health Locality Team and North East Derbyshire District Council's Partnership Team.
The Partnership hosts Health Engagement Forums, where a wide range of professionals and community interest groups will be able to hear about the work of the Partnership and shape future activities.
As part of our partnership approach, we have appointed a new Community Development Worker to work in some communities with local people to plan and deliver local projects.
Useful documents and meeting minutes can be found below.
- Healthy NED Terms of Reference (.pdf | 50kb)
- Healthy NED Partnership Plan (.pdf | 1.2mb)
- Healthy NED Funded Projects (.xlsx | 18kb)
- NED Partnership minutes January 2018 (.pdf | 500kb)
- NED Partnership minutes April 2018 (.pdf | 420kb)
- NED Partnership minutes October 2018 (.pdf | 420kb)
- NED Partnership Minutes January 2019 (.pdf | 660kb)
- NED Partnership Minutes May 2019 (.pdf | 829kb)