Here is a full list of materials which can go in each bin.
- Mixed plastic (i.e. bottles, food trays, yogurt and margarine tubs)
- Empty food tins and drink cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Flattened cardboard
- Empty aerosols
- Textiles and shoes (in a clear plastic bag)
- Brown paper envelopes
- Foil and foil food trays (washed and squashed)
- Waxed food packaging (i.e. milk, fruit juice containers)
- Small household batteries (in a clear plastic bag, tied to the bin handle)
Yes please - in the inner box or bag:
- Telephone directories
- Junk mail
- Glossy pamphlets
- White envelopes
- Shredded paper (weighted down in bottom by other papers)
If you have been supplied with a bag for recycling paper, place this either on top of the bin lid or at the side of the bin. Please don't place it inside the bin as there is a risk it could be tipped in the back of the vehicle.
Extra recycling that won't fit In your burgundy bin, can be presented in a box / clear bag at the side of the burgundy bin on collection day. Large flattened cardboard packaging may also be put at the side of your burgundy bin.
Please do not place recycling in any plastic bag in your burgundy bin.
- Plastic / Carrier bags, unless used to contain textiles. Please do not use carrier bags to dispose of any other recyclable materials, i.e. cans / bottles.
- Windowpanes, cookware, pyrex, windscreens
- Plastic wrapping (e.g. film, cellophane, polystyrene, and bubble wrap)
- Household waste - such as nappies, food waste, dog waste
- Wrapping paper and greetings cards
- Grass cuttings, flowers and weeds
- Leaves, hedge and plant clippings, prunings
- Left over fruit, salad, vegetable waste, egg shells
- Cooked food left overs - bread, pastries, pasta, meat, fish (raw and cooked - including bones) plate scrapings, tea bags and coffee grounds
Food can be placed in compostable food bags manufactured to the British Standard EN 13432 only. (No retail carrier bags)
During green bin suspension weeks, please place food waste in your black bin.
- Cardboard boxes and card packaging - these go in your burgundy bin
- Wallpaper and wrapping paper
- Waxed packaging, such as juice cartons - these go in your burgundy bin
- Stone, rubble, soil or turf
- Dog and cat waste
- Disposable nappies
- Plastic - these go in your burgundy bin
- All types of bin liners, carrier bags, packaging, foil or polystyrene
- Bottles, cans and papers - these go in your burgundy bin
- Timber or plywood
Please do not contaminate your green bin with unsuitable waste as we will be unable to collect it.