We operate an alternate weekly waste and recycling collection service.
The burgundy bin is for recyclable waste. It makes it easier for everyone to recycle and also means you can recycle plastic bottles, which in turn reduces what we send to landfill.
Top tip - are you confused about what goes in your bin and is recycling helpful? Derbyshire County Council have a great page on waste and recycling myth busting!
Interested to find out what happens to your recycling after it goes into the bin lorry? This video shows you the whole recycling process!
- You need to make sure your bin is presented, with the lid shut, at the edge of your property where it meets the pavement by 6:30am on your collection day.
- Extra recycling that won’t fit in your burgundy bin can be presented in a clearly labelled box or bag at the side of the burgundy bin on normal collection day.
- Large cardboard packaging may also be put at the side of your burgundy bin.
- If, due to disability or sickness you, (or no-one else in your property) are unable to present your bin for collection, then you can apply for assistance.
- Present bags by either placing them on top of the bin lid or at the side of the bin. Please don’t include them inside the bin as there is a risk they could be tipped in the back of the vehicle.
- When emptied, collection staff will place/trap the empty bag under the bin lid to the rear where the pinch point is greatest nearer the edges.
If your bin was not emptied, please check your bin did not contain any items that it should not have, the lid was fully shut and it was put out to the edge of your property at or before 6:30am. If this occurs, a notification will be posted through your letter box explaining why your waste has been left and what steps you should take to rectify this. If you are still not satisfied, please contact us on 01246 231111 as soon as possible to rectify the situation.