The District of North East Derbyshire falls within the areas of two Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP):
- Sheffield City Region (SCR)
- Derby and Derbyshire and Nottingham and Nottinghamshire (D2N2)
This means that businesses in the District can benefit from the free support offered by both D2N2 and SCR’s Growth Hubs.
Sheffield City Region (SCR) Growth Hub acts as a gateway to enable businesses to access specialists in various areas of business development.
The web portal that collects together advice and guidance on a range of subjects, including:
- New Business – advice and guidance on starting and running a business.
- Growth Support – guidance and support for businesses looking to grow and expand.
- Innovation – assistance for businesses looking to transform their business practices.
- Access to Finance – information and guidance on all forms of financial support available to businesses in the area, such as grant funding.
- RISE - a unique business support initiative focussed on enabling small and medium sizeda unique business support initiative focussed on enabling small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to grow through the employment of graduate talent. Find out more (pdf | 200kb).
- Skills – assistance for businesses looking to develop and expand their workforce.
- Trade and Export – information and support for businesses looking to expand into overseas markets.
The Derby and Derbyshire and Nottingham and Nottinghamshire (D2N2) Growth Hub provides access to free expert business advisers, who provide support to help businesses to grow. It also provides a web portal that collects together the advice and services provided by all the various organisations in the area into one easy to access place.
The web portal provides lots of information on the following areas:
- Starting a Business – information on how to set up and run a new business, including the support available from business advisers.
- Growing Your Business – information on the advice available from the Growth Hub advisers to help your business to grow and expand.
- Access to Finance – information about the different types of financial support available to businesses, including local, regional and national grant schemes.
- Skills and Employability – information on how you can help your staff to increase their skills, and how to expand your workforce.
- International and Brexit – Information to help companies to develop overseas trade.
- Events hosted by D2N2 Network.