The Chesterfield Armed Forces and Veterans’ Hub is a one-stop shop event that is open to all members of the Armed Forces:
With representation from the Forces Welfare Charities, they offer information and support on:
- health and wellbeing
Meetings usually take place at:
- Time: 10am to 12pm noon (midday)
- Address:Chesterfield Town Hall,
Upcoming Meeting Dates
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Gaunt:
- Telephone: 01246 343186
- Armed Forces Remembrance dates (.pdf | 100kb)
- Veterans Gateway puts veterans and their families in touch with the organisations best placed to help with the information, advice and support they need – from healthcare and housing to employability, finances, personal relationships and more.
- SSAFA provides lifelong support to anyone who is currently serving or has ever served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force.
- Royal British Legion helps members of the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, Reservists, veterans and their families and also campaigns to improve their lives, organises the Poppy Appeal and remembers the fallen.
- ABF The Soldiers’ Charity provides lifetime support to British Army soldiers, veterans and their immediate families when they are in need.
- Army Hives provides information on behalf of the chain of command to the Service community and welcomes enquiries from serving personnel, dependants, partners, extended families, and the wider military community including veterans and MOD civilians.
- Blesma helps all serving and ex-Service men and women who have lost limbs, or lost the use of limbs or eyes, to rebuild their lives by providing rehabilitation activities and welfare support.
- Blind Veterans UK supports anyone who has served in the Armed Forces, or who has done National Service, and who is now living with significant sight loss.
- Combat Stress offers specialist treatment and support with mental health issues for support for veterans from every service and conflict.
- Forces Support aims to ensure that the parents, widows and children of families bereaved through a military death can access practical support throughout the UK.
- Help for Heroes supports those with injuries and illnesses attributable to their service in the British Armed Forces.
- Naval, Army and RAF Families Federations are the independent organisations that act as the voices of Naval, Army and RAF families.
- War Widows Association of Great Britain is a pressure group to improve the conditions of War Widows and their dependants in Great Britain.
- RAF Benevolent Fund RAF's welfare charity for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children.
- Royal Air Forces Association offers friendship, help and support to the RAF family.
- Turn2Us advice on benefits, grants or other financial support available to serving members of the armed forces or a veterans and their families.
- Veterans UK administers the armed forces pension schemes and compensation payments for those injured or bereaved through service.
- As well as these, there are a number of local organisations that can offer advice and support on a range of issues:
- North East Derbyshire Citizens Advice free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information on debt, benefits, housing, employment, consumer or tax issues, legal matters, immigration, family and personal matters, tribunal representation for welfare rights and specialist multi-debt casework.
- Chesterfield & North East Derbyshire Credit Union provides a range of financial services to anyone who lives or works within Derbyshire. Regulated and authorised by the FCA.
- The Volunteer Centre Chesterfield & North East Derbyshire promotes, supports and develops volunteering and aims to make a positive impact on the quality of the volunteering experience for individual volunteers and organisations that work with them.
- Community Directory Derbyshire lists of all the voluntary and community groups active in Derbyshire
- Derbyshire Directory lists community groups, sports clubs, charities and voluntary organisations are at the heart of life in Derbyshire
- Derbyshire Law Centre provides legal services in social welfare law in the Derbyshire area.
- Derbyshire Unemployed Workers Centres offers free and independent welfare rights advice and representation.
- Links CVS provides support to voluntary organisations and community groups operating in the District's of Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire.
- Armed Forces Veterans Factsheet (.pdf | 2mb)