North East Derbyshire District Council is aware of the increasing numbers of jobs that are becoming available and staffing shortages that businesses are facing.
We work with partners to bring more training provision and employability support into the district. This supports residents in applying for the wide range of jobs that are now being advertised.
We have developed the #ForwardTogether initiative with this aim in mind – a social media campaign (Facebook and Twitter) with themed months focusing on the provision in the district regarding a specific employability topic:
- September 21: What skills do I have?
- October 21: Coming through the pandemic (focusing on resilience and mental health, coping with change)
- November 21: CV Writing
- December 21: Completing Job applications & Preparing for interviews
- January & February 22: Retraining
- March 22: Dealing with knock backs
- April 22: New starts (resilience/mental health/fresh starts/positivity)
- May 22: Apprenticeships
- June 22: Graduate Opportunities
- July 22: Dealing with your first job
- August 22: Support for Part-time work/single parents (better of calculations & child care opportunities
- September 22: Job Awareness Month
- October 22: Seasonal Vacancies
- November 22: Considering self-employment?
- December 22: Is your CV the best it can be?
How to get involved in #ForwardTogether
Simply go to the NEDDC Facebook or Twitter pages, search #ForwardTogether and follow the trail of our posts to browse the information and provision links we have put together across the themed months.
Training providers and businesses:
- Join our social media re-engagement campaign on the first Monday of each month between 10am and 12 pm by posting a bit of information on specific support available for that month’s topic
- Please use the #ForwardTogether on each of your posts during the two hours across all platforms
- If you’re posting on Twitter please tag the Council page by adding @nedDC
- If you’re posting on Facebook please tag the Council page by adding @NorthEastDerbyshireDC