North East Derbyshire District Council has completed a review of polling districts and polling places in accordance with the Representation of the People Act 1983.
The review was undertaken following a review of the Council’s electoral arrangements by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England.
The new electoral arrangements will come into force at the local elections in 2019.
The Council has taken into account public comments, observations and representations in reaching its decisions, and has now published revised details of its designated Polling Districts and Polling Places.
The changes to the polling districts and polling places will be incorporated in the revised electoral register to be published on 1st December, 2018.
- Council report and appendices July 2018 (.pdf | 3.2mb) considered by the Council at its meeting held on 9th July 2018 which sets out the reasons for choosing each particular polling place and polling district including responses to public consultation
- All representations made by any person in connection with the review. (See Appendix A of the previously listed Council report) and
- Details of the designation of polling districts and polling places within the North East Derbyshire District as a result of the review; (See Appendix C of the previously listed Council report)
- Maps showing the new Polling Districts and Polling Places
- Minutes July 2018 (.pdf | 408kb) of meeting of the Council held on 9th July, 2018 which considered the draft recommendations
- Letter to consultees (.pdf | 152kb) - Correspondence sent to any person or consultee to whom the authority contacted because they had particular expertise in relation to access to premises or facilities for disabled people
Hard copies of the documents are available for inspection at:
The Council Offices,
2013 Mill Lane,
Following the conclusion of the local authority’s review, certain persons have a right to make representations to the Electoral Commission. If, on receipt of the representations, the Commission find that the review did not:
- meet the reasonable requirements of the electors in the constituency or a body of them; or
- take sufficient account of the accessibility for disabled persons of a polling station / polling stations with a designated polling place
then the Commission may direct the Council to make any alterations to the polling places as they think necessary and if the alterations are not made within two months, make the alterations themselves.
Any representations must be in writing, either by post, e-mail or fax to:
The Electoral Commission,
3 Bunhill Row,
- Telephone: 020 7271 0500
- Fax: 020 7271 0505
Please contact us if you require any further information regarding this review:
- Telephone: 01246 217058
Chief Executive and Electoral Registration Officer