When casting your vote in the up-coming County, PCC and by-elections please make sure you vote safely:
- You must not attend the polling station if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate due to a positive test or contact tracing. You can still cast your vote by applying for an emergency proxy before 5pm. Call 01246 217068 or 217069 to request a form.
- A face covering must be worn inside the polling station unless you are exempt.
- Please bring a pen or pencil to mark the ballot paper. Pencils will also be available in the polling station and will be sanitized after each use.
- There will be restrictions on the number of voters admitted to a station at any one time.
- Social distancing will be enforced while queuing and throughout the voting process. Please adhere to any one-way systems, signage, and any instructions from polling station staff.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided upon entry and exit of the polling station. Voting booths, pencils, door handles and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- There will be a clear perspex screen to protect staff and voters at each voting table
These measures may mean you have to queue or wait for longer than usual to be able to cast your vote. Try to avoid busy times if you can, like before and after work, after the school run and lunchtime.
Voting by post or proxy
The address for completed applications returned by post is: Electoral Registration Officer, North East Derbyshire District Council, District Council Offices, 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield S42 6NG.
You must be registered to vote before you can apply for a postal or proxy vote. To register please visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote by Monday 19th April 2021