We manage and maintain four cemeteries at:
- Danesmoor Cemetery (.pdf | 180kb) (on behalf of Clay Cross Parish Council)
- Hasland Cemetery (.pdf | 260kb)
- Killamarsh, Ashley Lane (.pdf | 260kb)
- Church Lane, Temple Normanton (.pdf | 260kb)
There are other cemeteries and open churchyards in the District, which are managed by the Parish Council or local church.
We can provide photocopies or scanned copies the records on request, for a fee - contact us for details.
Unfortunately ground settlement is unavoidable; we will monitor graves for 6 to 12 months after the funeral to ensure that soil levels are maintained. After settlement we will prepare the soil surface and sow grass seed over the area, in keeping with the surrounding cemetery grounds, and will keep our cemeteries up to the highest standard possible. This will include:
- Mowing grassed areas
- Maintaining boundary hedges and fences
- Maintaining floral gardens of remembrance
- Maintaining levels of the grave plots to harmonise with the surrounding grassed areas
- Keeping the cemetery clean and tidy
- Maintaining trees and shrubs (excluding unauthorised plantings)
- Removing spent floral tributes
- Removing Christmas wreaths (these will be removed in late February to early March prior to the onset of grass cutting operations)
- Safety inspections of memorials
- Maintaining accurate records of interments
We are currently carrying out inspections to memorials in the district's cemeteries, to ensure the grounds are safe for visitors and council employees.
Memorials must be approved in advance by us, and installed by a memorial mason from our approved list and in accordance with National Association of Memorial Masons (NAMM) Code of Working Practice.
Because of unavoidable ground settlement, we advise that headstones are not placed for at least 6 months after a burial has taken place; this will allow for thorough settlement and reduce movement of the headstone.
- Danesmoor fix a memorial form (.pdf | 250kb)
- NEDDC fix a memorial form (.pdf | 250kb)
- Cemetery Rules (.pdf | 375kb)
- Memorial Safety Guidance (.docx | 99kb)
- NEDDC Interment and fees 23/24 (.pdf | 328kb)
- Danesmoor Interment and fees 23/24 (.pdf | 289kb)
Danesmoor Memorial Fees
Fees for erection of monuments etc:
1. Erection of a headstone not exceeding 900mm x 600mm x 75mm thick (3ft x 2ft x 3inch): £150.00
2. Placing of a memorial in the memorial garden. Memorials to be typically 450mm square by 100mm high, tapering to 25mm (18” x 18” x 4”) with integral vase to a maximum of 600mm square by 250mm mounted on the slabs provided: £76.00
3. A vase block not exceeding 300mm (12”) square with inscription: £62.00
4. For each additional inscription after the first: £43.00
5. Provision for bronze memorial plaque for wall or rose beds: Actual cost plus £35.00
1. Hire of Cemetery Chapel (per service): £45.00
2. For searching the burial register for one year: Price on application
3. For searching the burial register for each additional year: Price on application
4. For a certified copy of an entry in the burial register: Price on application
5. Assignment of the Right of Burial: Price on application
6. A copy of the Grave Grant: Price on application