We undertake a wide range of duties designed to protect the health safety and welfare of people at work and those that visit places of work within our area.
This involves enforcing legal standards in a variety of workplaces such as shops, offices, leisure centres, hotels, warehouses and residential homes.
Our main areas of activity are:
- Inspecting workplaces
- Investigating accidents
- Responding to workplace complaints
- Giving health and safety advice to local business
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) deals with higher risk businesses such as factories, mines, quarries and farms.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Advice
- Covid-19 Animal Welfare (.pdf | 2mb)
- Covid-19 Barking dogs advice (.pdf | 720kb)
- Covid-19 Bonfires (.pdf | 600kb)
- Covid-19 Construction advice (.pdf | 500kb)
- Covid-19 Domestic bakers and caterers advice (.pdf | 500kb)
- Covid-19 General workplace advice (.pdf | 500kb)
- Covid-19 Pubs advice sheet (.pdf | 900kb)
- Covid-19 Retails advice (.pdf | 500kb)
- Covid-19 Takeaways advice (.pdf | 500kb)
East Midlands Chamber offer free health and safety advice as part of a project to help businesses in the region cope with regulations.
The HSE have also launched a new Beware Asbestos website with information to help businesses be more aware.