Our dedicated Empty Property Officer can help owners with letting or selling a property, and advise on:
- Choosing an agent to manage the letting of your property,
- Selling the property through an estate agent or auction,
- Help and advice when renovating a property,
- Advertising property to let or for sale,
- Matching Service – we have a list of organisations that are looking to bring empty properties back into use. You can use this service if you are looking to sell, lease or let your property.
A property that has been empty for over 2 years could qualify for a reduction in VAT to 5% on renovation works to bring the property back into use.
Properties empty for over 10 years could qualify for a reduction in VAT to 0% on renovation works!
We are keen to help empty property owners bring their properties back into use, but where owners refuse or are unable to bring properties back into use more formal enforcement measures can be used, particularly where the property is causing a nuisance.
We are eager to speak to owners of empty properties and may be able to offer advice and assistance, if you own an empty property we would be grateful if you could complete the appropriate form below:
If you are a landlord and would like us to help get your property back on the market either to sell or rent, or if you are a resident who has an empty property in our area; please contact us for an informal chat or for advice on how to move things forward:
- Telephone: 01246 231111
For more information on letting your property, empty property advice or any queries:
- Telephone: 01246 231111 - Thomas Evans, Empty Property Officer