Derbyshire Handy Van service is helping to make it safer for older and vulnerable people to live in their own homes. A fleet of 8 vans and a dedicated team of staff are ready to help.
You can ask for a free visit to your home by the service for the following:
- home fire safety checks
- smoke alarms provision and installation
- energy efficiency advice
- falls prevention advice
- installation of key safes
- practical DIY tasks, for example:
- changing light bulbs
- securing carpets and rugs
- removing and hanging curtains
- path and door access clearance
- other tasks, as appropriate
The service also installs community alarms and Telecare.
For more information about Telecare and community alarms, please send your name, address and telephone number, along with a brief desciption of your request, to:
The team will contact you back as soon as possible.