Save Time and Do it Online - Click to Open
Bin Collections

Bin Collections

My Councillor

My Councillor



Do it Online

Report a problem below or register for a secure account to save yourself time and help keep a track of your requests.

When is my bin collection?

Find my Councillor

My Area

See what services are available in your area

For planning applications click here

For Local Plan information, including the Local Plan Examination click here.

Elections and Voting

  • Annual Canvass Open or Close

    Each year every household in the North East Derbyshire District will receive a Household Enquiry form, which is also known as the annual canvass.  The information we gather from this enables us to produce the new electoral register and ensures that everyone who should be entitled to vote can do so.

    If you are not included on the electoral roll you will not be able to vote so it is important that you provide us with up to date information on the occupants of your address.  You can't vote until you reach the age of 18 but any 16 or 17 year olds in your household should be included on the form.  You should not include any children under the age of 16.

    All of the major credit reference agencies use the electoral roll to verify your details when you apply for a mortgage, loan or other credit agreement.  If you are not on the electoral roll you are likely to have problems in obtaining any form of credit.

    We will be sending Household Enquiry Forms towards the end of July 2018 to every household in the district. When you receive your Household Enquiry Form, please check this carefully to ensure it is correct and advise us of any changes that need to be made. The form will include details of how you can do this. Please respond without delay as this will mean we need to send out fewer reminders and helps us to keep costs down. Reminder forms will be sent at the beginning of September 2018 to households where no response has been received.

    The revised Register of Electors will be published on 1 December 2018.


  • By-elections Open or Close

    Results and notices in respect of local by elections in North East Derbyshire District are highlighted below:




    • Notice of vacancy
    • As no valid request to call an election was received within the 14 day period, the Town Council have been informed that they can proceed to co-opt to the vacancy. For further information on the co-option process please contact the Dronfield Town Clerk.


    Killamarsh Parish

    Grassmoor District Ward 

    Eckington North Ward

    Shirland and Higham

    Wingerworth Parish






  • Conclusion of Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places Open or Close

    North East Derbyshire District Council has completed a review of polling districts and polling places in accordance with the Representation of the People Act 1983. The review was undertaken following a review of the Council’s electoral arrangements by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England. The new electoral arrangements will come into force at the local elections in 2019.

    The Council has taken into account public comments, observations and representations in reaching its decisions, and has now published revised details of its designated Polling Districts and Polling Places.

    The changes to the polling districts and polling places will be incorporated in the revised electoral register to be published on 1st December, 2018.          

    The following documentation in relation to the review is available to view online at https://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk    Hard copies of the documents are available for inspection at the Council Offices, 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, S42 6NG.

    • Details of the designation of polling districts and polling places within the North East Derbyshire District as a result of the review; (See Appendix C of the Council report)
    • The minutes of meeting of the Council held on 9th July, 2018 which considered the draft recommendations :
    • The report and appendices considered by the Council at its meeting held on 9th July 2018 which sets out the reasons for choosing each particular polling place and polling district including responses to public consultation;
    • All representations made by any person in connection with the review. (See Appendix “A” of the Council report) and
    • Correspondence sent to any person or consultee to whom the authority contacted because they had particular expertise in relation to access to premises or facilities for disabled people. (Letter to consultees)


    Following the conclusion of the local authority’s review certain persons have a right to make representations

    to the Electoral Commission. If, on receipt of the representations, the Commission find that the review did not:-

    • meet the reasonable requirements of the electors in the constituency or a body of them; or
    • take sufficient account of the accessibility for disabled persons of a polling station/polling stations with a designated polling place

    then the Commission may direct the Council to make any alterations to the polling places as they think necessary and if the alterations are not made within two months, make the alterations themselves.

    Any representations must be in writing, either by post, e-mail or fax to:

    Legal Counsel, The Electoral Commission, 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ.

    Tel: 020 7271 0500 Fax: 020 7271 0505

    Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

    If you require any further information regarding this review telephone 01246 217058

    Dan Swaine              

    Chief Executive and Electoral Registration Officer






  • County Election Open or Close

    The next elections to take place in North East Derbyshire are the Derbyshire County Council Elections which will take place on Thursday 4 May 2017.

    In North East Derbyshire area, there are 7 electoral divisions represented by 8 Councillors:

    Clay Cross North – 1 seat

    Clay Cross South – 1 seat

    Dronfield East – 1 seat

    Dronfield West and Walton – 1 seat

    Eckington and Killamarsh – 2 seats

    Sutton – 1 seat

    Wingerworth and Shirland – 1 seat




  • District and Parish Elections 2019 Open or Close

    The next scheduled elections to take place within North East Derbyshire will be held on Thursday 2 May 2019, where both District and Parish seats will be up for election.


    The statements of persons nominated for the District are here. The Notice of the Poll for the District are here.

    The statememts of persons nominated for the Parish are here. The Notice of the Poll for the Parish are here.

    Election agents can be found here.


    Declaration of results - District


    Barlow and Holmesfield

    Dronfield North

    Brampton and Walton

    Coal Aston

    Eckington South and Renishaw

    Dronfield South

    Clay Cross South 

    Killamarsh West

    Dronfield Woodhouse

    Ridgeway and Marsh Lane

    Clay Cross North

    North Wingfield Central 

    Eckington North


    Gosforth Valley



    Killamarsh East



    Holmewood and Heath


    Pilsley and Morton

    Conservative - 30

    Labour - 18

    Lib Dem - 3

    Independent - 2


    Declaration of results - Parish


    Grassmoor Hasland and Winsick

    Dronfield Coal Aston

    Eckington, Marsh Lane, Ridgeway and Troway

    Dronfield Summerfield


    Killamarsh East

    Dronfield Woodhouse

    Dronfield Bowshaw

    Dronfield Dyche

    Brampton Cutthorpe

    Dronfield Gosforth Valley

    Dronfield North

    Clay Cross North

    Killamarsh West

    Eckington North

    North Wingfield East

    Temple Normanton

    Clay Cross South

    Dronfield South


    Eckington South


    Wingerworth Woodthorpe

    Wingerworth Adlington

    Shirland and Higham

    Wingerworth Wingerworth


    For more information please contact the Electoral Services Team on 01246 217068/217069 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

     Guidance on standing as a candidate can be found here




  • European Parliamentary Elections Open or Close
  • Neighbourhood Planning Referendum Open or Close


    Declaration of result of poll


    Holymoorside and Walton

    Declaration of Result of Poll



    Neighbourhood Planning Referendum - Information statement and more information can be found on the Neighbourhood Planning pages. 

    Notice of Referendum

    Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations

    Declaration of result of poll



    Neiighbourhood Planning Referendum - Notice of referendum. More information can be found on the Neighbourhood Planning pages

  • Parliamentary Election Open or Close

    North East Derbyshire residents who are already registered to vote willl automatically be sent poll cards to vote in the General Election.

    You only need to register if you have moved house or have not previously registered to vote at the address where you live, and the quickest and easiest way to do this is to go online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote, where you will need to provide certain details, which will include your date of birth and National Insurance Number. 

  • Publication of Verification Figure Open or Close

    Please find the publication of verification figure attached here.

  • Standing as a Candidate Open or Close

    Prior to any election, prospective candidates must meet certain criteria before they are allowed to stand as a candidate.

    Local election candidates

    Guidance on standing as a candidate can be found here.

    To qualify as a candidate for local elections you must:

    Be a British or Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the Republic of Ireland or a citizen of the European Union.

    Be 18 years of age or more on the date of nomination

    Not be disqualified from holding office

    Candidates also have to meet one or more of the following criteria:

    They must be included on the electoral register and be a local government elector for the area on the date of nominations and thereafter.

    They must have occupied, as owner or tenant, any land or other premises in the area during the twelve months prior to nominations.

    Their principal or only place of work must have been in the area for the previous twelve months.

    They must have resided in the area for the whole of the previous twelve months.

    For parish elections, they must have resided in the area, or within three miles of the area for the whole of the previous twelve months.

    A candidate for all local elections must complete a nomination paper in order to stand for election. The nomination paper has to be signed by the requisite number of electors who live within the electoral ward, parish or division and must be returned by the statutory deadline together with the candidate’s consent to nomination.

    Although most candidates are nominated through a political party, individuals can stand for election in their own right. Candidates must submit a return of expenses detailing expenditure on items such as advertising, transport and attending public meetings.


    To qualify as a candidate for UK Parliamentary elections you must:

    Be a British or Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the Republic of Ireland.

    Be 18 years of age or more on the date of nomination

    Not be disqualified from holding office

    A candidate for a UK Parliamentary election must complete a nomination paper in order to stand for election. The nomination paper has to be signed by ten electors of the constituency.

    Candidates also have to submit a deposit of £500 which will be refunded only if the candidate receives more than 5% of the total votes cast in the election.

  • Voting Open or Close

    In order to vote in UK elections and referendums, you need to apply to have your name included on the electoral register. This is known as registering to vote. It is a legal requirement to supply the required information. You can register to vote online by clicking on the 'do it online' button on this page and clicking the register to vote icon.

    If you are not registered you will not be able to vote at any election. You are not automatically registered even if you pay Council Tax. You can register to vote if you are 16 years old or over, and a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen. If you are 16 or 17, you can register now but you are not allowed to vote until you are 18.  The simplest way to register is by going online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.  It only takes a few minutes to register but you will need to have your National Insurance number to hand as you won't be able to complete your application without it.

    Postal Vote

    Anyone included in the Register of Electors may apply for a postal vote (16kb). If you know that you will not be able to vote in person, you should apply for a postal vote as soon as an election is announced or as soon as you become aware that you will be out of the country on polling day.  Postal votes can be sent to an address outside the UK - for example if you are going on holiday - but please remember that it will take time to get there and for you to return it in time for the vote to be counted.

    Postal ballot papers are normally sent out a week or two before polling day (depending on when you send in your postal voting application), so if you will not be at home around that time you should consider appointing a proxy to vote on your behalf.

    Proxy Vote

    You may still be able to vote even if you are unable to get to your polling station on election day by applying for a proxy vote (17kb). (A proxy is someone who votes on your behalf). For example:

    If you will be away on holiday (in the UK or abroad)

    If your work takes you away from home

    If you are ill or in hospital

     If you want to appoint a proxy to vote for you, he or she must be:

    Willing to vote on your behalf

    A registered elector

    A British citizen or citizen of the Commonwealth or the Republic of Ireland, or for local government and European Parliamentary elections, a citizen of the European Union

    Old enough to vote and legally allowed to vote.

    Armed Forces Personnel

    If you are a member of the Armed Forces and are registered as an elector, you will be entitled to vote in Parliamentary, Local and European Elections in the UK.

    Service personnel and their spouses resident in the UK may register in either of two ways. They may be included as an ordinary elector by completing an individual registration application, or they may register as service voters.

    In order to register as a service voter you will need to complete a service declaration every 5 years, which will be the best option if you are likely to be posted overseas. If you are likely to be posted overseas, it is advisable to apply to vote by post or by proxy.

    Overseas Voters

    If you are a British National living overseas you are entitled to vote in UK General Elections and European Parliamentary Elections for up to 15 years after you were last registered in the UK. Overseas electors cannot vote at local government elections. If you are in the armed forces or or crown personnel this does not apply to you. Overseas electors can register online here.

    In order to register as an overseas voter you will need to contact the electoral registration office at the local council covering the address for where you were last registered within the UK. If the last UK address you were registered at was in North East Derbyshire District you can register with us or contact us at Electoral Services, North East Derbyshire District Council, District Council Offices, 2013, Mill Lane, Wingerworth. S42 6NG.

    If you have never been registered as an elector in the UK, you will not be eligible to register as an overseas voter. However, if you left the UK before you were 18 years of age you can register at your parents or guardians' address, provided that they were registered and that you left the UK no more than 15 years ago.

    Overseas electors should also apply to vote by post or proxy. Postal votes are sent out approximately one to two weeks before polling day (depending on when you made your application), so if you are not likely to be able to receive and return a postal vote in that time, you should consider appointing a proxy.


    Students who are away at university or college can remain registered at their family home and may also register at their student accommodation. It is however an offence to vote twice in the same election. Students may also wish to consider the option of a postal vote.

     Electoral Register

    The Electoral Register contains the names and addresses of all those who have registered to vote within the North East Derbyshire District.

    Every August/September, a Household Enquiry Form is sent to each household in the district requesting the names of those residing in the house who are eligible to vote. Information on how to complete the Household Enquiry Form is included on the form.

    Reminders are issued to households who have not responded and the revised Electoral Register is usually published on 1st December each year.

    Two versions are prepared:

    The Full Register lists everybody who is eligible to vote, a copy is available at our District Council Offices, 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, S42 6NG for public inspection in accordance with legal requirements. Inspection of the register is strictly under supervision and only written notes can be taken. You will not be permitted to photocopy or take images of any part of the register. It is not permissible for an electronic search to be carried out.

    The open version leaves out names and addresses of people who have made a request to be excluded from this version of the register. The open version can be bought by anyone for any purpose.

    If you move house after the register is published on 1st December, you can apply to be registered in respect of your new address under the Rolling Registration procedures which takes approximately four to six weeks to take effect. You can register online at your new address at www.gov.uk/registertovote or alternatively contact us for a printed form. Once an election has been called and you find out that you are not currently registered you can apply to register up to 12 days before the election.

    Many of the major credit firms check your address against the electoral register and you may be refused a loan, mobile phone agreement, mortgage, bank account, etc, if you are not registered. It is also your chance to have your say about how your local council or the government is run.


Elections & Voting contacts

  • Tel: 01246 217068
  • Email: 
    This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Alt. tel: 01246 217069



Go to top