Our fitness suites provide the latest equipment and state of the art technology. They include resistance units and cardio-vascular cycles, steppers, treadmills, cross-trainers and rowers which allow you to enjoy your workout at any level. Our resistance units are specially designed to allow easy access for people with disabilities.
All customers who wish to use the fitness suite need to have had an induction to run through the safety aspects of the equipment and how to train safely. You can book your induction at the leisure facility reception.
Our fitness classes provide the perfect environment for you to keep fit with our wide range of group exercise. Our classes cater for any ability, from beginners to advanced. The programme is reviewed regularly to ensure that we are offering the right classes at the right times and introducing new classes to members and casual users. We offer the following classes:
- Abs Class - Our abs classes are a great way to tone up the troublesome abdominal region! The class consist of specific moves, sequences and routines put together to give you a great abdominal workout.
- Aerobics - Our aerobics class is a high energy and fun fitness class where you perform a range of aerobic moves shown to you by our motivational instructors! No matter what your age, ability or experience, aerobics class is an inclusive activity suitable for everyone. Our upbeat classes will ensure you are boosting your fitness, getting a top workout, and having a great time!
- Boot Camp - Boot Camp is a full body workout to help build strength and fitness using a variety of exercises and equipment.
- Cardio Club - Open to people with a cardiac related problem and their carers, it follows programme of activitiies to help you overcome cardiac complaints or cardiac surgery.
- Chairobics - Chair based low impact exercise to music led by a fitness instructor.
- Circuit Training - Multi-stationed group exercise class designed to work all the basic elements of fitness (strength, stamina, flexibility). No co-ordination required and all abilities welcomed.
- Fitness on Demand (FoD) Virtual Instructor Sessions - At Dronfield Sports Centre and Eckington Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre. Over 300 classes available to try for both members and pay and play customers.
- Forever Active - A multisport activity session, with the aim of improving your overall wellbeing with a chance to socialise and meet new friends.
- G-Cycle - High energy calorie burning workout on the indoor cycles which gets the heart pumping.
- High Intensity/HIIT - High impact, high intensity fitness workout. Advanced class.
- Hips, Bums and Tums - This class is designed to target those stubborn areas that normal exercise does not get to.
- Insanity Live - The world's most insanely tough workout where you use your body to create the best body you can get.
- Junior Gym - Supervised gym session providing a safe and effective fitness and toning workout for 11 to 15 year olds.
- Kettlebells - A hand held weight that is used for an all over top to toe workout combining cardiovascular and resistance exercise to give an all in one class.
- Pilates - Helps improve posture and movement by strengthening and balancing all muscles of the body.
- PiYo - Piyo is a fun, challenging class fusing Pilates And Yoga. You will burn calories, tone muscles, work on balance and get a great stretch!
- Tai Chi for Health - Low impact class performed standing or seated so suitable for people with mobility issues.
- Yoga - Linked with a focus on breathing this eastern art incorporates strength and flexibility to help develop an inner sense of well being.
- Zumba - Zumba takes the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why these classes are often called exercise in disguise.