Our fitness suites provide the latest equipment and state-of-the-art technology. They include resistance units and cardio-vascular cycles, steppers, treadmills, cross-trainers and rowers which allow you to enjoy your workout at any level. Our resistance units are specially designed to allow easy access for people with disabilities.
All customers who wish to use the fitness suite need to have had an induction to run through the safety aspects of the equipment and how to train safely. You can book your induction at the leisure facility reception.
We've recently updated our fitness timetable!
- Dronfield Fitness Timetable (.pdf | 861kb)
- Dronfield Festive Fitness Timetable
- Book your sessions online
Our fitness classes provide the perfect environment for you to keep fit with our wide range of group exercise. Our classes cater for any ability, from beginners to advanced. The programme is reviewed regularly to ensure that we are offering the right classes at the right times and introducing new classes to members and casual users. We offer the following classes:
- Abs Class - Our abs classes are a great way to tone up the troublesome abdominal region! The class consist of specific moves, sequences and routines put together to give you a great abdominal workout.
- Aerobics - Our aerobics class is a high energy and fun fitness class where you perform a range of aerobic moves shown to you by our motivational instructors! No matter what your age, ability or experience, aerobics class is an inclusive activity suitable for everyone. Our upbeat classes will ensure you are boosting your fitness, getting a top workout, and having a great time!
- Boot Camp - Boot Camp is a full body workout to help build strength and fitness using a variety of exercises and equipment.
- Cardio Club - Open to people with a cardiac related problem and their carers, it follows programme of activities to help you overcome cardiac complaints or cardiac surgery.
- Chairobics - Chair based low impact exercise to music led by a fitness instructor.
- Core - A 30 minute class for developing and strengthening the muscles in the abdomen and lower back.
- Fitness Pump - A full body toning workout using weights to improve your strength and power.
- Forever Active - A multisport activity session, with the aim of improving your overall wellbeing with a chance to socialise and meet new friends.
- Functional Bootcamp - Strength training that readies your body for daily activities. Using your own bodyweight and equipment.
- G-Cycle - High energy calorie burning workout on the indoor cycles which gets the heart pumping.
- Gym – Up and At Em! - A circuit based class using equipment in the fitness suite.
- High Intensity/HIIT - High impact, high intensity fitness workout. Advanced class.
- Hips, Bums and Tums - This class is designed to target those stubborn areas that normal exercise does not get to.
- Junior Gym - Supervised gym session providing a safe and effective fitness and toning workout for 11 to 14 year olds. Find out more about Junior gym.
- Kettlebells & Dumbbell HIIT - An intense full body workout using weights to train your entire body.
- Pilates - Helps improve posture and movement by strengthening and balancing all muscles of the body.
- Strength Classes - Improve muscle strength, core stability and posture.
- Sweat45 – A high intensity session with focuses on cardiovascular, resistance and core exercises.
- Yoga - Linked with a focus on breathing this eastern art incorporates strength and flexibility to help develop an inner sense of well being.
- Zumba - Zumba takes the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why these classes are often called exercise in disguise.
Les Mills - Virtual Fitness Instructor Programme
Les Mills virtual instructor programme available at Dronfield Sports Centre. All virtual classes are now included within all Flex, JDM corporate and Unlimited memberships. Classes are available to book on Leisure Hub. Please see your fitness timetable for a list of virtual classes available.