Our fitness suites provide the latest equipment and state-of-the-art technology. They include resistance units and cardio-vascular cycles, steppers, treadmills, cross-trainers and rowers which allow you to enjoy your workout at any level. Our resistance units are specially designed to allow easy access for people with disabilities.
All customers who wish to use the fitness suite need to have had an induction to run through the safety aspects of the equipment and how to train safely. You can book your induction at the leisure facility reception.
- Monday to Friday: 7am - 9pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 8am - 5pm
Our fitness classes provide the perfect environment for you to keep fit with our wide range of group exercise. Our classes cater for any ability, from beginners to advanced. The programme is reviewed regularly to ensure that we are offering the right classes at the right times and introducing new classes to members and casual users. We offer the following classes:
- Abs Blast - Our abs classes are a great way to tone up the troublesome abdominal region! The class consist of specific moves, sequences and routines put together to give you a great abdominal workout.
- Aerobics - Our aerobics class is a high energy and fun fitness class where you perform a range of aerobic moves shown to you by our motivational instructors! No matter what your age, ability or experience, aerobics class is an inclusive activity suitable for everyone. Our upbeat classes will ensure you are boosting your fitness, getting a top workout, and having a great time!
- Boot Camp - Boot Camp is a full body workout to help build strength and fitness using a variety of exercises and equipment.
- Boogie Bounce
- Cardio Club - Open to people with a cardiac related problem and their carers, it follows programme of activities to help you overcome cardiac complaints or cardiac surgery.
- Chairobics - Chair based low impact exercise to music led by a fitness instructor.
- Circuit Training - Multi-stationed group exercise class designed to work all the basic elements of fitness (strength, stamina, flexibility). No co-ordination required and all abilities welcomed.
- Forever Active - A new daytime session with multisport and exercise activity with the aim of improving your overall wellbeing and a chance to socialise and meet new friends. This session is suitable for anybody with a long term health or mental health condition, or simply for anybody that would like to try out some new low impact sport and exercise. Forever Active flyer (.pdf | 756kb)
- Functional Fitness Training - An exercise workout that blasts body fat and tones and builds functional strength and balance.
- G-Cycle - High energy calorie burning workout on the indoor cycles which gets the heart pumping.
- High Intensity - High impact, high intensity fitness workout. Advanced class.
- Hips, Bums and Tums - This class is designed to target those stubborn areas that normal exercise does not get to.
- Junior Gym - Supervised gym session providing a safe and effective fitness and toning workout for 11 to 14 year olds. Junior Gym flyer (.pdf | 915kb) - Junior Gym more information.
- Kettlebells - A hand held weight that is used for an all over top to toe workout combining cardiovascular and resistance exercise to give an all in one class.
- Pilates - Helps improve posture and movement by strengthening and balancing all muscles of the body.
- Virtual Instructor Sessions - Coming Soon Les Mills Virtual Classes.
- Walking Football - Keep fit and stay active. Aimed at over 55s but suitable for all ages. Sessions will develop skills and improve health. Walking Football flyer (.pdf | 783kb).
- Walking Netball - A great way to get fit and make new friends - whatever your age or ability. Walking Netball flyer (.pdf | 884kb).
- Yoga - Linked with a focus on breathing this eastern art incorporates strength and flexibility to help develop an inner sense of well being.
- Zumba - Zumba takes the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why these classes are often called exercise in disguise.