Before & After
Take a look at a selection of before & after pictures and see the full transformation from Killamarsh Sports Centre to Killamarsh Active!
The main entrance before was hidden away to the side.
The main entrance now is bright open and inviting to all residents.
The old reception was held up with large pillars down the centre of the room. It was very dark (and orange!) prior to the refurbishment.
Now the work gas taken place we've put the reception on the opposite side & added a café.
The doorway to the old studio entrance has been moved to run alongside the corridor leaving access for the squash courts.
Bright open and modernised!
The old (and small) sports hall was used for classes towards the end of its lifespan.
As you can see the whole bottom of the gym is completely transformed from top to bottom.
The changing rooms & the toilet facilities were in need of a huge upgrade.
The Sauna room
The Sauna room was underused and replaced with a brand new state of the art Spin Cycle Studio.
The upstairs gym was out of the way and uninviting to members.
It's accessible from the bottom of the main gym now and overlooks the sports hall.
£1.9m is being invested in Killamarsh Sports Centre, creating even more facilities for residents and visitors to enjoy.
In addition to the large 80 station gym, fitness studios and café, the extra cash will now pay for large scale refurbishment of the whole facility, creation of a large multi-floor soft play and providing a Changing Places toilet, making the Centre accessible for non-sporting customers and a great asset for the local community for everyday general use or to host children’s parties.
The refurbishment programme will include:
- Extensive refurbishment throughout
- New entrance, signage and painting to the outside of the building
- Car park improvements
- New fitness class studio space, including virtual instructor provision.
- Cycle/Spin studio
- Café with a great food and beverage offer
- 80 station fitness suite, over two floors, set out with all the latest fitness equipment
- A community ‘Changing Places’ facility - Changing Places toilets meet the needs of people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well as people with other physical disabilities such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy and multiple sclerosis.
- New multi-floor soft play kingdom with slides and a safe area for toddlers
- Online membership and booking facilities for activities
- Refurbished 3G football pitch with new fencing, lighting and multi pitch playing areas.
- Refurbished squash courts, sanded down floor, fresh paint and glass doors.
Regular updates on progress with Killamarsh Sports Centre will be provided through social media pages and Leisure bulletins so please sign up to receive regular updates.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this period. We can’t wait to share our exciting plans for the centre with you shortly and providing Killamarsh with a great sports centre for the future.
Keep up to date with the latest news over on the Facebook page for the centre.
What to expect:
Picture 1: Artists impression of the front entrance
Picture 2: Artists impression of the new gym layout
Picture 3: 80 station gym suite
Picture 4: Cycling studio
Some of our work behind the scenes:
April 27 2022
Work continues above the sports hall.
A view from below.
It's all go on the squash courts!
Ground floor of new gym area.
A sneak peak at the new look changing rooms.
January 27 2022
Sports Hall work begins.
Fitness Hall having been stripped of equipment.
The floor has been dug up inside the old gym.
The entrance to the gym from the hallway.
The old reception has been ripped out - the new reception will eventually be on the opposite side!
What will be the new state of the art spin studio.
This is where the new soft play area is set to be built.
January 05 2022
Opened up sports hall with viewing area
Dry side changing rooms
Sports hall wall divide