Street Trading

Some local authorities have introduced street trading controls to limit numbers of traders who can trade on or near a highway.  This is usually due to the impact that unregulated street trading has had on a local area.

While North East Derbyshire has no formal controls on Street Trading under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982, anyone who wishes to trade on the highway should ensure they have permission from the Highways Authority, Derbyshire County Council through their website and any other owners of the land.  They should also notify the Police on their non-emergency telephone number, 101.

If you are intending to set up a food business you must register your business through our online form, at least 28 days before trading or making food.  Our website also contains important information about food safety.