The Council is reassuring residents and businesses that the essential bin collection service provided by the Council currently remains unaffected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Plans have been put in place to regularly monitor and review the service to minimise disruption to the black, burgundy and green bins collections where possible.
The following services are currently in place:
- Waste Collection (Bins) – Waste collection will continue as normal, however, we will continue to assess the situation.
- Grass Cutting - Non-essential grass cutting will not take place. Sight-lines required for safe highways will continue to be cut. We will flex this service as required to keep people safe. This will be kept under review.
- Fly Tipping - We will continue to remove waste where it is excessive or hazardous.
- Clinical Waste Collection - Will continue to be collected from households receiving medical health care in their home.
- Street Cleansing (Litter/Animal Bins) - The emptying of dog waste bins and street litter waste bins will continue according to demand. The service will be flexible depending on how full the bins are.
- Burials and Interments – Will continue as planned
- Emergencies, for example, fallen trees will be attended to on a case-by-case basis