The public consultation on the proposed East Midlands County Combined Authority launched on Monday 14th November, on the East Midlands Devolution Website.
The consultation, which runs until the 9th January, is seeking the views of everyone across the county on the proposed devolution deal which covers Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Nottingham and was announced in August 2022.
Devolution has the opportunity to:
- Bring more funding for our area: the devolution deal will bring more funding to our region - £1.14 billion - and powers to improve transport, adults skills training, housing, the environment, and to encourage the creation of good quality jobs that give people a decent standard of living and a better quality of life.
- Enable more decisions about the East Midlands taken in the East Midlands: devolution is a chance for the people who live in our region to have a much greater say over issues that affect them, including by directly electing the first regional mayor for our area.
- Bring more opportunities for our region: devolution will provide us with more of the tools to help our area recover from Covid-19 and put us at the front of the queue for further devolution of funding and powers in future.
Please do take part in the consultation. You can participate through:
- The online survey is available on the East Midlands Devolution Website.
- By requesting a paper copy to complete by contacting
Copies in other formats and languages can be requested by contacting
You can find out more about devolution and the proposals on the East Midlands Devolution Website.