North East Derbyshire District Council has invested tens of thousands of pounds to refurbish a play area in Dronfield for local communities to enjoy.
The play area on Thirlmere Drive, Dronfield, now boasts a fantastic array of equipment for a variety of ages and abilities to enjoy.
The following equipment has been installed:
- Home Seesaw (multi-seesaw) (age group 3+)
- Two tower with bridge with two slides (age group 2+)
- Tipi Carousel (age group 4+)
- Balancing beam and four stepping pods (trim trail) (age group 3+ for pods, 4+ for beam)
- Swings with 2 No. Cradle seats, 2 No. Flat Seats and 1 No. Shell Seat (age group 2+)
- Net Twister (climber) (age group 5+)
- 2 Springers (Hen and Ladybird) (age group 1+)
- Argo (age group 6+)
North East Derbyshire District Council Leader, Cllr Alex Dale said, “We are passionate about helping our district’s families at grassroots level and the new play equipment offers a greater play value for local children. The range of equipment will allow more children to use the play area at the same time (than previously), allowing social play, imaginative play and physical challenges for our communities, and particularly young people, to enjoy for years to come.
“I know the formerly tired look and condition of this play area has been a concern for local residents and councillors for some time, so it’s great to see this investment bearing fruit and putting right a longstanding issue.”
Pictured: new play equipment at Thirlmere Drive play area.