The main scheme closed on the 30th September and all eligible households in bands A to D and those in Band E that receive Council Tax Disabled Relief have now received their £150 payment.
We awarded 40,336 payments of which 27,771 (69%) were paid direct to bank accounts, 11,598 (29%) were paid by a Post Office Voucher and 950 (2%) had a credit allocated to their Council Tax account.
The Government has provided additional funding so that the Council can provide further support to households, for example, to those who pay for energy but do not automatically qualify for the Council Tax Energy Rebate.
The following payments will be made from that funding:
- £150 will be paid for properties in Council Tax bands E – H where the liable person(s) is in receipt of Council Tax Reduction and they were in occupation of the property on 1st April 2022. This will include all current claimants and those who submit an application along with all required evidence/information to process the application by the 31st October 2022.
- £150 will be paid for properties in Bands E to H where the liable person(s) is in receipt of Council Tax Exemption Class N, S or U and they were in occupation of the property on 1st April 2022.
- £150 will be paid for properties in Bands F to H where the liable person(s) is in receipt of Council Tax Disabled Reduction, except those where the owner is liable but is not a resident (e.g. Nursing Homes) and they were in occupation of the property on 1st April 2022.
- £150 will be paid for properties in bands A-D that have had their banding reduced from bands E-H since the 1st April 2022 and therefore didn’t qualify for a payment from the main scheme and they were in occupation of the property on the 1st April 2022
- £40 will be paid for properties that are in Bands E and do not qualify for the Energy Rebate from the main scheme or discretionary scheme for any other reason where the liable person was in occupation of the property on 1st April 2022
If you are in one of the above categories you do not need to contact us as we will automatically make the payment to you before the scheme closes on the 30th November 2022.
If you pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit we will credit your bank account, if we are able to do so. The payment will show on your bank account as ‘NE DERBYSHIRE DC’. If we are unable to pay the amount into your bank account we will credit your Council Tax account and we will advise you once this has been done.
The Council will also award £150 for properties in Bands A to D where the household’s occupation of a property has commenced after the 1st April 2022 and the liable person(s) for Council Tax hasn’t received the £150 for any other property (i.e. they weren’t liable for Council Tax on an occupied property anywhere on the 1st April 2022).
- Your current Council Tax account number
- Your current address
- The address that you occupied on 1st April 2022
We will then contact you for further information to enable us to consider your application.