Rykneld Homes is working closely with Martin Thacker MBE, Leader of North East Derbyshire District Council, to set up food donation points at locations across the district.
We are inviting members of the public to donate suitable items of food that can be delivered to the most vulnerable people – including those who may not be able to do their own shopping because they have been asked by the government to self-isolate.
Local foodbanks are also running very short of supplies which could affect vulnerable people in our area.
We would be very grateful for any donations which will be delivered by staff from the Council, Rykneld Homes and a team of volunteers.
Drop Off Times
People can drop off supplies at the locations and designated times below.
- Mondays: Wingerworth Parish Hall – 12pm to 2pm
- Tuesdays: Stonebroom Pavillion – 12pm to 2pm
- Wednesdays: Ashover Parish Hall – 12pm to 2pm
- Thursdays: Eckington Civic Centre - 12pm to 2pm
- Fridays: Dronfield Leisure Centre - 12pm to 2pm
Suitable items include:
- Meat (hotdogs/meatballs/casseroles/curries)
- Vegetables (peas/carrots/sweet corn)
- Fish (tuna preferable but any is fine)
- Pasta sauce
- Long life milk
- Long life juice concentrate
- Low sugar squash cordial
- Powdered mashed potatoes
Note only one food bank asked for these:
- Washing powder
- Washing liquid
- Rice and pasta