Following the article in the summer edition of The NEWS we are excited to announce further information regarding the new digital inclusion project, Digital Connect.
FREE Digital Training is being offered to residents who live in North East Derbyshire and are aged 50 and above. Advice and support will be offered to help people improve their confidence in:
- Online safety
- How to use a computer / tablet / phone
- Use of Email, online banking and online shopping
- Accessing services online such as ordering prescriptions, NHS, Government and Council information
- Using social media and interacting with friends and family online
Training will be delivered via of variety of channels including face to face, telephone, email, skype or any other digital channel as required; in order to support people improve their digital skills, increase confidence and reduce digital exclusion. A tablet loaning scheme will also be offered to those who meet the key criteria areas. People will have the opportunity to develop their confidence in technology through weekly 1-2-1 support and training sessions and will be paired up with a Digital Champion. For more information please call the dedicated referral phone line on (01332) 321959 (calls to this number will be charged at local rates) or visit https://www.citizensadvicemidmercia.org.uk/digital-training-and-learning-support/
Could you volunteer to help others build their digital skills and confidence?
The Digital Connect Project are looking for volunteers. Can you help? Citizens Advice Mid Mercia are looking for people to help deliver digital skills training in North East Derbyshire:
- Become a volunteer and make a difference within your community
- Number of opportunities available
- Flexible working hours
- Learn new skills, gain valuable experience and meet new people
The project is being funded by Public Health at Derbyshire County Council through the Healthy North East Derbyshire Partnership and managed by North East Derbyshire District Council. Citizen’s Advice Mid Mercia have been appointed as the preferred training provider.