Are you over 50 and want help to use the internet? Our digital training and learning support team is specially designed to support you in all your online needs.
FREE Digital Training is being offered to residents who live in North East Derbyshire and are aged 50 and above. Advice and support will be offered to help people improve their confidence in:
- Internet safety
- How to use a computer / tablet / phone
- Use of Email, online banking and online shopping
- Accessing services online such as ordering prescriptions, booking appointments and virtual appointments.
- Accessing information and guidance such as NHS, Government, comparison site, local Council and news.
- Using social media and interacting with friends and family online
Training will be delivered via of variety of channels including face to face, telephone, email, Skype or any other digital channel as required; in order to support people improve their digital skills, increase confidence and reduce digital exclusion. A tablet loaning scheme will also be offered to those who meet the key criteria areas. People will have the opportunity to develop their confidence in technology through weekly 1-2-1 support and training sessions and will be paired up with a Digital Champion. For more information please call the dedicated referral phone line on 01332 321959 (calls to this number will be charged at local rates) or visit the Citizens Advice website.
Could you volunteer to help others build their digital skills and confidence?
The Digital Connect Project are looking for volunteers. Can you help? Citizens Advice Mid Mercia are looking for people to help deliver digital skills training in North East Derbyshire:
- Become a volunteer and make a difference within your community
- Number of opportunities available
- Flexible working hours
- Learn new skills, gain valuable experience and meet new people
The project is being funded by Public Health at Derbyshire County Council through the Healthy North East Derbyshire Partnership and managed by North East Derbyshire District Council. Citizen’s Advice Mid Mercia have been appointed as the preferred training provider.