North East Derbyshire District Council is holding two drop-in events to give customers an insight into what the Council and Rykneld Homes deliver and to enable them to speak to Councillors and Officers.
The free to attend events will be an opportunity for residents to raise queries regarding services, obtain help and advice to improve their customer experience with the authority and they will be able to sign-up to online services and news updates.
The events will be held in Eckington and Clay Cross on:
- Monday 27th September 2021, 5.30 - 7.30pm at Eckington Civic Centre
- Tuesday 5th October 2021, 5.30 - 7.30pm at Sharley Park Leisure Centre, Clay Cross.
There will be an opportunity to speak to the Leader of the Council, Cllr Alex Dale, where residents are invited to ask questions to a panel which will include Cabinet Members and Senior Officers between 6 and 7 pm at both events.
The following departments will be in attendance at the events:
- Economic Development (local regeneration plans, Clay Cross Town Deal, Working Communities Project, employment and skills support)
- Strategic Housing (empty properties, self-build, homelessness prevention, commercial Energy Performance Certificate service)
- Environmental Health (enforcement/protection re noise and fly tipping, energy advice and adaptations support and practical climate change tips and advice)
- Planning (development management and enforcement – The Local Plan & Planning Policy Team will not be in attendance)
- Streetscene (waste/recycling, street cleaning, MOT testing, grounds maintenance)
- Revenues & Benefits (to give advice and help sign up to online services such as housing allowance, DHP, Council Tax)
- Elections (help to sign up to postal voting)
- Human Resources (Promote the Council as an employer and its current vacancies)
- Performance (to engage with residents and sign up to have their say and highlight accessibility/requests for reasonable adjustments)
- Customer Services (to address queries, provide advice and assist with sign-ups to online services)
- Partnership Strategy (Community Action Grants, Eco-Schools Grants, Luncheon Club/Older People’s Club Grants, Armed Forces Community support, Healthy NED community support)
- Leisure (promoting membership, health and well-being activities and groups)
- Communications (promoting signing up to email services, social media and advice on how to use our website, online services and commercial print and design services)
- Rykneld Homes Limited (including tenancy management, repairs, estate wardens and community engagement)
Councillor Alan Powell, Cabinet Member for Housing, Communities and Communications said “These events are a great opportunity for our residents and customers to come along and meet Councillors and staff to find out more about the work of the Council.”
“Free advice will be available to all in attendance as well as help to use and sign up to our online services.”
“We are here to help you and provide the best possible services we can and the question time sessions will enable attendees to raise any queries directly with Councillors and Officers.”