The Development Plan for North East Derbyshire District comprises the North East Derbyshire Local Plan 2014 – 2034, made Neighbourhood Plans and the Derby and Derbyshire Minerals and Waste Local Plans. The Development Plan is at the heart of the planning system with a requirement set in law that planning decisions must be taken in line with the Development Plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise. Constituent parts of the Development Plan can be downloaded below.
The North East Derbyshire Local Plan 2014-2034 was formally adopted by the Council on 29th November 2021 and will be used to guide decisions on planning applications and areas where investment should be prioritised. It covers the area of North East Derbyshire outside the Peak District National Park. PDFs of the Local Plan, Policies Map and related documents are available to be viewed and downloaded:
- Adopted NED Local Plan 2014 - 2034 (.pdf | 13.78mb)
- Policies Map 1 (.pdf | 2.89mb)
- Policies Map 2 (.pdf | 5.98mb)
- Policies Map 3 (.pdf | 4.19mb)
- Policies Map 4 (.pdf | 4.55mb)
- Policies Map 5 (.pdf | 2.13mb)
- Adoption Statement (.pdf | 226kb)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (.pdf | 7.95mb)
- SA SEA Post Adoption Statement 2021 (.pdf | 1.26mb)
Copies of these documents are also available to view at public libraries throughout the District, at Chesterfield Library, and the District Council’s Offices at Wingerworth, during usual opening hours. Hardcopies of the Local Plan and Policies Map are available to purchase.
|Item||Price in £|
|Policies Map x 5||17.50|
|Local Plan Total||23.50|
|Postage & Packing||Price in £|
All information relating to the preparation and examination of the 2014 – 2034 Local Plan, as well as the superseded 2001 – 2011 Local Plan, can be viewed in the Local Plan archive. This includes the Inspectors Report - Main Report (.pdf | 424kb) and Inspectors Report - Main Modifications (.pdf | 2.2mb). An overview of the Local Plan Preparation Timescales (.pdf | 229kb) is also available. Please contact the Planning Policy Team if you wish to view third party Examination Hearing Statements
In addition to the Policies Map PDFs, the Online Mapping webpage also includes the Policies Map geographical layers.
The following ‘made’ Neighbourhood Plans will be used to guide decisions on planning applications in the specific Designated Neighbourhood Area:
- Ashover Neighbourhood Plan (.pdf | 10.77mb)
- Brackenfield Neighbourhood Plan (.pdf | 14.06mb)
- Dronfield Neighbourhood Plan (.pdf | 12.0mb)
- Holymoorside and Walton Neighbourhood Plan (.pdf | 14.98mb)
- Wessington Neighbourhood Plan (.pdf | 8.16mb)
- Wingerworth Neighbourhood Plan (.pdf | 9.52mb)
The saved policies of the Derby and Derbyshire Minerals Local Plan (as amended in 2002) and the Derby and Derbyshire Waste Local Plan (adopted 2005) are available on Derbyshire County Council’s website. Any updates on the preparation of new Minerals and Waste Local Plans can also be accessed on this website.
The Development Plan should be read alongside the National Planning Policy Framework.