Consultation on the provision for Gypsies and Travellers took place between 4 January 2019 and 15 February. This consultation differed from previous Local Plan consultations, in that it formed part of the examination process and was run under the direction of the Inspector appointed to examine the Plan.
The Council, on behalf of the Inspector, invited comments on the following Gypsy and Traveller documents and proposed allocations for gypsy and traveller sites.
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment (GTAA) Position Statement (EB-G&T1a) (.pdf | 27kb)
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment (GTAA) Final Report (EB-G&T1b) (.pdf | 4.3mb)
- Gypsy and Traveller Topic Paper (EB-G&T2) (.pdf | 5.6mb)
- Revised Appendix 4 to address formatting issues in ED44d ‘Updated Addendum to the Gypsy and Traveller Topic Paper (ED44e) (.pdf | 675kb)
- Updated Addendum to the Gypsy and & Traveller Topic Paper (December 2018) (ED44d) (.pdf | 5.7mb) – which includes the four proposed sites
- Sustainability Assessment of the Gypsy & Traveller Sites Assessments (ED44b) (.pdf | 2.46mb)
- Landscape Appraisal Technical Note (ED44c) for Site GT/09 Temperance Hill, Woolley Moor (.pdf | 1.13mb)
Comments were to be made by responding to the Inspector’s Matters, Issues and Questions (MIQs) (.pdf | 106kb) and the Inspector also published a Briefing Note (.pdf | 269kb) which provided guidance on the procedural and administrative arrangements for the examination of the North East Derbyshire Local Plan in relation to the provision for gypsies and travellers.
The duly made submissions to the consultation can be viewed on the online consultation system. Please click on the magnifying glass to see the representations submitted in response to each of the Inspector’s Question.
Hearing Sessions took place March 2019.