The Ashover Neighbourhood Plan has been written by the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group, approved by the Parish Council and passed a local referendum with 92.7% voting in favour of the Plan. It includes a number of policies on housing, employment, the environment and community facilities. North East Derbyshire District Council formally ‘made’ the Plan on 26 February 2018 and it is being used to assess planning applications submitted within the Parish.
- Modified Ashover Neighbourhood Plan 2016-33
- Final Decision Statement (.pdf | 200kb)
- Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Declaration of Result (.pdf | 38kb)
- Examiners report (.pdf | 1.6mb)
- Ashover Neighbourhood Area Designation Decision (.pdf | 1mb)
Modifications to the Made Ashover Neighbourhood Plan 2016 – 2033 were prepared by the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group and approved by the Parish Council. The proposed modification involves the amendment of the boundary of one of the approved Local Green Spaces. Namely, site Number 9 ‘two small areas of Land off Alton Hill, Alton’. The proposal is to remove the area on the east side of Quarry Lane, the other small triangular area on the west side is to remain. North East Derbyshire District Council formally brought the modification into effect on 13th April 2023.
- Statement of Modifications (.pdf | 657kb)
- Making of Modified Ashover Neighbourhood Plan - Decision Statement (.pdf | 239kb)
- Ashover Proposed Modification Examiner's Report (.pdf | 600kb)
Further information: Ashover neighbourhood Plan website.