Working for the Council gives you the opportunity not only to develop your career, but also to make a difference in people's lives. We want to make North East Derbyshire District a great place to live and do business.
Working for North East Derbyshire District Council gives you access to a wide range of benefits, including:
Flexibility and Time Off
- Paid time off including up to 34 days annual leave, plus paid leave for bereavement, ill-heath and other leave
- Hybrid work model — two or three work from home days each week for most roles
- Flexible working hours with no core times for many roles
- Part-time working and job-sharing options
- Generous maternity leave
- Carers and parental leave
Health and Wellness
- Discounted access to our four leisure centres
- Wellbeing Workshops for employees
- Access to occupational health, counselling and physiotherapy
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health Group & Hub
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Kaarp benefits Leisure Activities Discount Scheme
- Free eye tests and DSE Workplace Assessments
- Flu jab vouchers
- Corporate Training Programme and apprenticeships
- Support with qualification based courses and continuing professional development
- Payment of professional fees
- Access to mentoring and coaching
- Monthly team meetings
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
- Sickness pay scheme
- Living Wage employer
- Pre-retirement course
- Access to Westfield Health
- Annual Employee Events – Celebration Awards, Summer Fair, Christmas Quiz
- Meet the Leader and Senior Management team events
- Open door tea and talk workplace culture
- Long Service Awards
- Free onsite parking
- Charity days
Duty of Care
The Council takes its duty of care to employees very seriously and has robust health and safety measures in place. The Council is committed to providing equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and has established practices in place to support all our employees. For further information about working for the Council, please contact the HR Team at HumanResources.BDC&NEDDC@ne-derbyshire.gov.uk or on 01246 231111.
Disability Confident Employer
The Council encourages applications from disabled people. If online applications are not suitable for you, there are alternative ways to apply. Please contact the HR Team on 01246 231111.
If you need advice or support with your application, or need the recruitment documents in another format such as audio, easy read, or braille, or wish to discuss related issues, please contact the HR Team on 01246 231111.
All sound great? Make sure you visit our vacancies page and apply today!