The main menu is currently hidden off screen.


Most students in full-time higher education cannot claim Housing Benefit.

If you are a student you can only claim if you are:

  • studying part-time; or
  • under 19 and on a course which is NOT a higher education course; or
  • a single parent; or
  • a student with a disability; or
  • 60 or over; or
  • one of a couple, both of you are students and you have dependant children

For further information on benefit claims while you are a student contact us on 01246 217600 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.