The main menu is currently hidden off screen.

Assisted Bin Collections

We know that some people can't move their wheeled bin, perhaps due to illness or incapacity.

Which bins can I receive assistance with?

The Assisted Collection Service applies to:

  • Black bin
  • Green bin
  • Burgundy recycling bin

Apply for Assistance

If you can show that infirmity or disability stops you being able to move your bin to the collection point, we can provide a collection / return service for you. Please contact us on 01246 231111 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can assess your needs on an individual basis to help you.

Supporting Information

To help speed up your application, you will need information such as:

  • Proof of Disability Living Allowance
  • Confirmation of infirmity / frailty by visiting care personnel
  • Letter from your GP
  • Derbyshire County Council Social Care Department Registration of Disability

An officer may contact you to request further information or arrange a home visit if necessary. An officer will confirm by telephone call or in writing if your application is approved.