How often is my bin collected?
We operate an alternate weekly waste and recycling collection service.
What goes in my bins?
The burgundy bin is for recyclable waste. It makes it easier for everyone to recycle and also means you can recycle plastic bottles, which in turn reduces what we send to landfill.
The green bin is for garden and food waste.
The black bin is for general household waste.
- You need to make sure your bin is presented, with the lid shut, at the edge of your property where it meets the pavement by 6:30am on your collection day.
- Extra recycling that won’t fit in your burgundy bin can be presented in a clearly labelled box or bag at the side of the burgundy bin on normal collection day.
- Large cardboard packaging may also be put at the side of your burgundy bin.
- Side waste is not taken at any time with your black or green bins.
- If, due to disability or sickness you, (or no-one else in your property) are unable to present your bin for collection, then you can apply for assistance.
My bin has not been emptied
If your bin was not emptied, please check your bin did not contain any items that it should not have, the lid was fully shut and it was put out to the edge of your property at or before 6:30am. If your bin has not been emptied for a reason a hanger should be left on the bin explaining why your waste has been left and what steps you should take to rectify this. If you are still not satisfied, please contact us on 01246 231111 as soon as possible.