The Clay Cross Town Board has been formed by the Council to develop a plan for the Government’s Town Fund allocation to Clay Cross.
The Government announced in September 2019 that 101 towns had been invited to develop proposals for a multi-million pound Town Deal, and Clay Cross had been included in the list. In November 2019, the Government released the Towns Fund Prospectus, which set out detailed instructions for the 101 towns.
- View the Towns Fund prospectus online
- View the Clay Cross Town Deal Area (.jpg | 200kb)
- Clay Cross needs you! (.pdf | 300kb)
The Clay Cross Town Board will serve as an advisory function and will be the vehicle through which the vision and strategy for the Town will be defined. The board will produce a Town Investment Plan, which will inform the Town Deal proposals and include the amount of investment to be secured through the Towns Fund. The role of the Town Board is to:
- Develop and agree an evidence-based Town Investment Plan
- Develop a clear programme of interventions
- Co-ordinate resources and influence stakeholders
Clay Cross Town Board meetings - minutes and agendas - can be viewed on the Modern.gov website
You can view the Code of Conduct CCTB (.pdf | 150kb) and Terms of Reference for the Clay Cross Town deal (.pdf | 150kb) on our website.
The following people have been invited to sit on the Clay Cross Town Board:
- Councillor Alex Dale (Leader of North East Derbyshire District Council)
- Lee Rowley MP (Member of Parliament for North East Derbyshire)
- Councillor J Kenyon (Councillor for North East Derbyshire District Council and Portfolio Holder for Leisure, Transformation & Climate Change)
- Councillor C Renwick (Councillor for North East Derbyshire District Council and Portfolio Holder for Economic Growth)
- Councillor G Morley (Councillor for North East Derbyshire District Council and Chair of Clay Cross Parish Council)
- Councillor T King (Councillor for Derbyshire County Council and Cabinet Member for Economic Development & Regeneration)
- Councillor Nigel Barker (Councillor for North East Derbyshire District Council)
- Gill Callingham (Director of Growth and Economic Development at North East Derbyshire District Council)
- Joe Battye (Director of Economy and Regeneration ay Derbyshire County Council)
- Janine Foxhall (General Manager of Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire for Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust)
- Gary Golden (Technical Engineering Manager for Worcester Bosch)
- Tom Goshawk (Head of Capital Programmes for the D2N2 LEP)
- Andrew King (Treasurer for Clay Cross Town Centre Group)
- Peter Dewhurst (University of Derby’s Commercial Director).
- David Malone (Executive Director Apprenticeships and Business Growth at Chesterfield College)
- Angela Stansfield (Employer and Partnership Manager – North of District for Job Centre Plus)
- Kazi Hussain (Homes England representative)
- Andy James (Sport England)
- Allison Westray-Chapman (Interim Head of Economic Development)
- Lee Hickin (Joint Strategic Director, North East Derbyshire District Council)
- Karl Apps (Joint Housing Strategy and Growth Manager, North East Derbyshire District Council)
We hold the record of interests that we are able to share if required.