To contact the Armed Forces Support Team
If you need immediate help in an emergency:
If you are in a crisis and need to speak to someone:
Call NHS 111 (for when you need help but are not in immediate danger)
Contact your GP and ask for an emergency appointment
For more information about Mental Health Awareness and Emotional Support visit our website.
Other local and national services that offer support:
- Men-Talk is a meeting just for Men in Chesterfield. It’s an online platform reaching out and offering free services and support for all. A safe place to talk.
- Combat Stress offers specialist treatment and support with mental health issues for support for veterans from every service and conflict. Help is available 24/7
- Mental Health Motorbike is a national charity to create meaningful opportunities for the greater wellbeing of the motorbike community. The ultimate aim is to reduce suicide amongst bikers in the UK. They are building a free, dedicated network of trained Mental Health First Aiders who can support other bikers across the UK.
- PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide is the UK charity dedicated to the prevention of suicide and the promotion of positive mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people under the age of 35. We believe that no young person should have to struggle alone with thoughts of suicide. For confidential suicide prevention advice contact HOPELINEUK on: 08000 684141. Open 9am–midnight every day.
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust offer services to support mental health and emotional wellbeing. Including: Hospital services; Rehabilitation services; Community mental health teams (CMHT); Specialist day services; Crisis services; Psychodynamic psychotherapy; Perinatal (mother and baby) services; Criminal justice and forensic services; Dementia services; Talking therapies; Eating disorders service; CAMHS - young people's mental health services; Early intervention in psychosis. The services also include:
- The Derbyshire Mental Health Helpline and Support Service is a free-phone service available to everyone living in Derbyshire. It’s open 24/7. Tel: 0800 028 0077 if the helpline team feel you would benefit from some face-to-face support, you may be invited to our ‘safe haven’. Here you can continue to discuss your problems in a calm, welcoming environment with people who understand what you're going through.
- Mind Derbyshire provide general mental health information, including a range of advocacy and community mental wellbeing services designed to support people with mental health problems. For more information call the national Mind Infoline on 0300 123 3393.