Useful links to related websites, help and hubs:
You and your family
- Veterans Gateway puts veterans and their families in touch with the organisations best placed to help with the information, advice and support they need – from healthcare and housing to employability, finances, personal relationships and more.
- Buchanan Trust aims to help those who have served in the armed forces, enabling them to transition into civilian life by offering short term accommodation, accredited training, skills, work experience and employment opportunities in the rural and construction sectors.
- Royal British Legion helps members of the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, Reservists, veterans and their families and also campaigns to improve their lives, organises the Poppy Appeal and remembers the fallen.
- ABF The Soldiers’ Charity provides lifetime support to British Army soldiers, veterans and their immediate families when they are in need.
- Army Hives provides information on behalf of the chain of command to the Service community and welcomes enquiries from serving personnel, dependants, partners, extended families, and the wider military community including veterans and MOD civilians.
- RAF Benevolent Fund RAF's welfare charity for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children.
- Naval, Army and RAF Families Federations are the independent organisations that act as the voices of Naval, Army and RAF families.
- SSAFA provides lifelong support to anyone who is currently serving or has ever served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and their family.
- Royal Air Forces Association offers friendship, help and support to the RAF family.
Injury and illness
- Blesma helps all serving and ex-Service men and women who have lost limbs, or lost the use of limbs or eyes, to rebuild their lives by providing rehabilitation activities and welfare support.
- Blind Veterans UK supports anyone who has served in the Armed Forces, or who has done National Service, and who is now living with significant sight loss.
- Help for Heroes supports those with injuries and illnesses attributable to their service in the British Armed Forces.
- Forces Support aims to ensure that the parents, widows and children of families bereaved through a military death can access practical support throughout the UK.
- War Widows Association of Great Britain is a pressure group to improve the conditions of War Widows and their dependants in Great Britain.
- Turn2Us advice on benefits, grants or other financial support available to serving members of the armed forces or a veterans and their families.
- Veterans UK administers the armed forces pension schemes and compensation payments for those injured or bereaved through service.
- Veterans' Strategy Action Plan: 2022 to 2024 - Veterans' Strategy Action Plan states how the government will support veterans over the next 2 years and includes more than 60 commitments to help veterans with employment and healthcare.
- Armed Forces Veterans Factsheet 2020 - Armed Forces Veterans Factsheet (.pdf | 2mb) is a document from the governments Office for Veterans’ Affairs and offers some key facts and data about veterans in the UK, which It focuses on veterans’ employment, health, housing, the justice system and sources of further information.
Armed Forces Community Newsletter
We produce an annual Newsletter with information for our Armed Forces Community residents. Read the latest edition: Armed Forces Newsletter - November 2021.