What’s in it for you and what are the benefits of volunteering?
When you’re giving your time, skills and services, you deserve to get something back. Most volunteers have specific reasons for what they do, but here are some benefits you could gain:
- Improving mental health and wellbeing
- Improving physical health and wellbeing
- Making new friends
- Gaining new skills
- Giving something back to your community
- Improving your confidence
Volunteering gives you a chance to find your feet in your own time and at your own pace, allowing you to build your confidence in a way that works for you.
The most important thing about volunteering is that you should enjoy it on your own terms and that it's a rewarding experience for you, as well as for the people you help.
Volunteer Opportunities with Rykneld Homes
Rykneld Homes a non-profit making company responsible for the management, maintenance and improvement of almost 8,000 properties and the neighbourhoods in which they are located on behalf of North East Derbyshire District Council. They are offering volunteer placements for a period of up to 8 weeks, for up to 30 hours per week. Times are flexible and can be tailored to suit your situation.
They also offer training in interview skills and help you to submit high quality application forms for employment.
How to apply: To apply online visit the Rykneld Homes website or you can download an application form.
To request an Application Pack to be posted to you or for more information about this opportunity, please contact the Human Resources Team on 01246 217670 or email
Useful links to other related websites, help and support:
- The Volunteer Centre Chesterfield & North East Derbyshire promotes, supports and develops volunteering and aims to make a positive impact on the quality of the volunteering experience for individual volunteers and organisations that work with them.
- Links CVS provides support to voluntary organisations and community groups operating in the Districts of Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire.
- Community Directory Derbyshire lists of all the voluntary and community groups active in Derbyshire
- Derbyshire Directory lists community groups, sports clubs, charities and voluntary organisations are at the heart of life in Derbyshire
- Royal Voluntary Service supports people, communities and the NHS in every part of Great Britain. They inspire and enable people to give the gift of voluntary service to meet the needs of the day. Through the power of volunteering, they provide one-to-one, group and online services that improve health and wellbeing, resilience, confidence and connections.