Our pools are available for casual swimming throughout the week.
You can view our Eckington Swimming Timetable Accessible Version (.pdf | 414kb) / Eckington Swimming Timetable (.pdf | 1mb) online. Look at our new swimming Price List 2023 (.pdf | 1.1mb) also available to view online.
We have a main swimming pool (25m x 12.5m)
To sign up for lessons (child or adult) complete our online enrolment form or telephone 01246 217481
Junior Swimming Lessons
Please note – due to high demand, there may be a long delay before being contacted for a place on our Junior Swimming Lesson programme. There is not as long a wait for Pre School Swimming Lessons. Unfortunately we cannot put a timescale on waiting times.
Children's Lessons - Junior Swimstars and Otter Scheme:
These classes are specially aimed at children aged from 10 months to three years of age, accompanied in the water by a parent or carer. Babies are introduced to the water in a safe, calm environment to help them build confidence while having fun. Once they reach the age of three they can move on to our 'Otters' lessons for pre-school children. Lessons last for 30 minutes.
For 3 to 4 1/2 year olds (or when they start full time school). Water confidence lessons. Lessons last for 30 minutes.
For school age children aged from four and a half years onwards. Our comprehensive programme of lessons for school age children is based on the International Learn to Swim Programme (ILSP). Lessons last for 30 minutes.
You can log in to our online portal to view the progress of your child. You must first register to do this.
We have dedicated classes specially designed for adults wanting to learn to swim or improve their swimming skills. Lessons vary from 30 to 60 minutes.
Take the plunge and sign up to be an Aquatic helper!
Are you aged 13-16 years old and looking to gain more experience in the pool? We are looking for committed, reliable and consistent individuals to work alongside our qualified swimming teachers.
The Aquatic Helper scheme is:
- Aimed at 13-16 year olds.
- Great to add to your CV.
- Assists our swimming teachers in delivering the council's learn to swim programme.
- Could lead to us finding either Level 1 or 2 swim teachers qualifications or NPLQ 9th edition once turned 16 years old.
Taught by a qualified Aquaphobia Coach, each course is tailored to the individual’s personal needs and degree of fear.
Going at their own preferred pace there is no pressure placed upon a client to complete the programme in a set time.
By going through the 12 step programme, participants will grow in confidence and learn the basic principles of: entering, standing, floating, moving and breathing in water. As the skill level goes up the fear reduces.
The Aquaphobic Learning Programme can be booked at Eckington Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre, Dronfield Sports Centre and Sharley Park Leisure Centre.
Sessions are booked in advance in blocks of 6 at a cost of £150 per block.
Terms and Conditions
Please make a note of the following dates. There will be NO swimming lessons during these planned breaks.
- Easter Break 2023- Friday 7th April 2023 – Thursday 13th April 2023
- Early May Bank Holiday 2023 - Monday 1st May 2023 (lessons moved to the morning).
- King Charles’ Coronation 2023 - Monday 8th May 2023 (lessons as normal).
- Spring Bank Holiday 2023 - Monday 29th May 2023 (lessons moved to the morning).
- Summer Break 2023 - Friday 25th August 2023 – Thursday 31st August 2023.
- Christmas Break 2023 - 2024 - Friday 22nd December – Thursday 4th January 2023
- Lessons will continue on other dates, even during school holidays.