Our fitness suites provide the latest equipment and state-of-the-art technology. They include resistance units and cardio-vascular cycles, steppers, treadmills, cross-trainers and rowers which allow you to enjoy your workout at any level. Our resistance units are specially designed to allow easy access for people with disabilities.
All customers who wish to use the fitness suite need to have had an induction to run through the safety aspects of the equipment and how to train safely. You can book your induction at the leisure facility reception.
Our fitness classes provide the perfect environment for you to keep fit with our wide range of group exercise. Our classes cater for any ability, from beginners to advanced. The programme is reviewed regularly to ensure that we are offering the right classes at the right times and introducing new classes to members and casual users. We offer the following classes:
Our classes (held across varying community-based venues):
- CORE at Coney Green - 30 minute class for developing and strengthening the muscles in the abdomen and lower back.
- Barbell Pump at Coney Green - A fast-paced, barbell-based workout that’s designed to help you get lean, toned and fit.
- Body Tone at Coney Green - A high energy, full body workout (with optional hand weights) set to upbeat music.
- HIIT Training at Coney Green - A cardio workout aimed to get your heart rate high whilst using your body weight and equipment to sculpt your whole body.
- Kettlebells at Coney Green - An intense full body workout using weights to train your entire body.
- Legs, Bums & Tums at Coney Green - Designed to tone those legs, bums and tums. Working through circuits, partner workouts, floor exercises and much, much more!
- Strength Classes at Coney Green - Improve muscle strength, core stability and posture.
- Chair-based at Bret Club - Exercise Chair based low impact exercise to music led by the fitness instructor.
- Dicky Tickers at Coney Green - Improve general fitness in a relaxed environment, led by fully qualified instructors.
- Junior Gym at SPLC - Supervised Gym session providing a safe and effective fitness and toning workout.
- Low Impact Circuits at Bret Club - Low impact/intensity workout incorporating calorie burning, cardiovascular, strength and body toning exercises.
- Stretch and Tone at Coney Green - A low impact, low intensity workout that will tone your muscles, increase your range of motion and flexibility.
- Young at Heart at Bret Club - Low impact class aimed at the over 50’s so there’s no excuse to not keep fit and healthy.
- Aquacise at SPLC - Water based Aerobics class that uses the resistance of the water to improve muscle toning and calorie burning as well as reducing the impact on the joints.
- Pilates AT Coney Green - Helps improve posture and movement by strengthening and balancing all the muscles of the body.
- Walking Netball at Pilsley Village Hall - A great way to get fit and make new friends - whatever your age or ability. See the Walking Netball flyer (.pdf | 798kb).
- Forever Active at Holmgate Community Centre - A new daytime session with multisport and exercise activity with the aim of improving your overall wellbeing and a chance to socialise and meet new friends. This session is suitable for anybody with a long term health or mental health condition, or simply for anybody that would like to try out some new low impact sport and exercise. See our Forever Active flyer (.pdf | 756kb)
- Sweat45 - A 45-minute intensive circuit class, a full body workout focusing on endurance, strength, and flexibility.
The addresses of the above venues are:
- SPLC (Sharley Park Leisure Centre) - Market St, Clay Cross, Chesterfield S45 9LX
- Coney Green Business Centre - 103 Wingfield View, Clay Cross, Chesterfield S45 9JW
- The Bret Club - Clay Cross, Chesterfield S45 9NW
- Pilsley Village Hall - Pear Tree Rd, Pilsley, Chesterfield S45 8HU
- Holmgate Community Centre - Valley Rd, Clay Cross, Chesterfield S45 9QF
- Current Fitness Timetable from 8 May 2023 (.pdf | 865kb)
- SPLC Spring bank half term flyer (.pdf | 733kb)
- Book Fitness Classes online
- Monday to Friday: 7am - 10pm
- Saturday: 8.45am - 4.00pm.
- Sunday: 8.00am - 4.00pm.