Gambling Act notice of intent
North East Derbyshire District Council has now published their notice of intent to publish their 2022-2025 Gambling Act 2005 Statement of Licensing Principles and 2022-2025 Local Area Profile which are to take effect from 1st February 2022. Please click the links in this paragraph to view the notice, together with the Statement of Licensing Principles and the Local Area Profile.
- Gambling policy covers
- Final GA policy 2022-2025
- Gambling Act LAP 2022-2025
- Notice of Publication 2022-25
The Gambling Bill
The Gambling Bill modernises the law on gambling and provides for a unified regulator for gambling, the Gambling Commission. It introduces three licensing objectives which underpin the functions of the Commission and the Council.
The Gambling Act 2005 requires each local authority to publish a Statement of Licensing Principles (.pdf | 1.8mb) outlining how the authority will deal with applications. The current statement of principles for gambling licensing came into effect on 31 January 2019. It is valid for three years. We've also published our Gambling fees (.pdf | 302kb) which came into force on 1 October 2019.
As part of the Statement of Licensing Policy the Council has also created a Local area profile (.pdf | 4mb), which will be regularly updated.
There are three types of licence:
- An Operator Licence, concerned with the management and conduct of gambling, issued and regulated by the Commission
- A Personal Licence, for persons with key operational functions connected with the gambling business, issued and regulated by the Commission
- A Premises Licence, for the property where the gambling takes place, issued and regulated by the Council.
The Act also regulates amusement with prizes machines and lotteries. Information on current applications or licensed premises and conditions is available by searching the online public register.
Further information is available from the Gambling Commission website.