Working for North East Derbyshire District Council gives you access to a wide range of benefits, including:
Flexibility and Time Off
- Paid time off including up to 35 days annual leave, plus paid leave for bereavement, ill-health and other leave
- Hybrid work model — two or three work from home days each week for most roles
- Flexible working hours with no core times for many roles
- Part-time working and job-sharing options
- Generous maternity, carers and parental leave
Health and Wellness
- Discounted access to our four leisure centres
- Wellbeing workshops for employees
- Access to occupational health, counselling and physiotherapy
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health Group & Hub
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Kaarp Benefits Leisure Activities Discount Scheme
- Free eye tests and DSE Workplace Assessments
- Flu jab vouchers
- Talent Pipeline, Corporate Training Programme and apprenticeships
- Support with qualification based courses and continuing professional development
- Payment of professional fees
- Access to mentoring and coaching
- Monthly team meetings
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution •
- Sickness pay scheme
- Living Wage employer
- Pre-retirement course
- Access to Westfield Health
- Annual Employee Events - Summer and Christmas socials and Celebration Awards
- Meet the Leader and Senior Management team events
- Open door tea and talk workplace culture
- Long Service Awards
- Free onsite parking
- Charity days
Staff Benefits with VIVUP
Access to 24/7 online support as well as great discounts on shopping and activities! Vivup is a brand new employee wellbeing and benefits platform designed to support NEDDC employees’ mental, physical and financial wellbeing.
Access to a huge range of offers and discounts across the UK’s major retailers to help you slash your living costs.
Access to a dynamic wellbeing platform offering a range of personal, emotional and financial wellbeing tools to help you be a happier, healthier you!
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Whether you’re facing problems at work or at home, you can access impartial, confidential advice from qualified counsellors for a range of different issues
You now have access to a huge range of offers and discounts across the UK’s major retailers to help you slash your living costs.
- Discount codes
- eGift Cards
- Physical gift Cards
- Local Discounts
- Reloadable Cards
Savings and offers are subject to change. Terms and conditions apply for all third parties.
Introducing ‘Your Care’ a brand-new wellbeing platform!
Employeees now have access to a dynamic wellbeing platform offering a range of personal, emotional and financial wellbeing tools to help you be a happier, healthier you!
'Your care' includes:
- Assessments: Identify the risk of developing leading lifestylerelated diseases, along with mental health and financial scores synced from health and fitness apps.
- Goals: Create your very own goals to boost your health and emotional wellbeing, numerous blogs, videos, recipes and more providing inspiration and motivation.
- Recommendations: Small sustainable lifestyle changes to support achieving your goals.
- Activity data: Synced from health and fitness apps.
- Resources: Numerous blogs, videos, recipes and more providing inspiration and motivation.
- Support: Access to expert 24/7 telephone support and counselling.
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Whether you’re facing problems at work or at home, you can access impartial, confidential advice from qualified counsellors for a range of different issues.
- Telephone helpline
- Debt and financial advice
- Downloadable self-help workbooks
- Podcasts, blogs and more
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) offers you:
- Support, advice and information to help with your mental health and wellbeing.
- Independent confidential counselling support provided by caring and suitably qualified personnel.
- Assistance with many different issues including relationships, finances, family difficulties, anxiety, bereavement, stress, depression, workplace issues and trauma.
- Confidential support for any of life’s challenges no matter how big or small.
The EAP service complies with Employee Assistance Professionals Association standards of practice and professional guidelines for EAPs and to the standards of the counsellors’ professional bodies. All counsellors and psychotherapists are members of their relevant professional body.
Half price leisure offer for employees at NEDDC leisure centres!
If you fancy getting fit or just fancy a swim from time to time, one of the following options is sure to be for you.
- Option One: Become a Just Do More! Unlimited member. Pay just £15 a month* by direct debit and get unlimited use of NEDDC leisure facilities at all four of our centres. That’s unlimited use of fitness suites, swimming, exercise classes and reduced rates for squash and badminton.
- Option Two: Pay as you go. Pay half price on fitness suites, swimming, exercise classes and get reduced rates for squash and badminton. You’ll pay half price on an annual Leisure Pass and get access to NEDDC leisure facilities for half the normal price.
These offers are ONLY available for employees. Partners and children pay the normal prices for all activities. Set up is conditional on sight of a staff ID badge or pay slip.
*Offer is half the usual £30 direct debit membership price for members of the public and half the usual cost of activities if you choose to pay as you go.
*No discounts given for parties, hall hire, swimming lessons, courses etc.