Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- Learn more about cookies at the All About Cookies.org website
- Get comprehensive information about seeing and deleting cookies at the About Cookies website
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
The cookies we use on www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk are:
- Cookie name: _ga, Expires: 2 years (used to distinguish users)
- Cookie name: _gid, Expires: 24 hours (used to distinguish users)
- Cookie name: _gat, Expires: 1 minute (used to throttle request rate)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites at Google's website
- More information about Google Analytics privacy at Google's website
- Cookie name: googtrans, Expires: When the browser is closed
This cookie is used to record if a user has set a language preference for the website using the Google Translate widget.
Cookie information banner
- Cookie name: cookie-consent, Expires: 90 days (used to save visibility settings)
This cookie controls the appearance of the cookie information banner. It is set when the user accepts and closes the cookie information banner and expires after a set time.
- Cookie name: ne-derbyshiregovuk, Expires: When the browser is closed
This cookie is used to communicate and connect with the interactive web chat tool.
- Cookie name: 8e5e1bcd73fa50ca3bdb4b34e233d6b4, Expires: When the browser is closed
This cookie is set by the Content Management System (Joomla! CMS) that our website uses to organise content. It maintains a link with your browser and ensures that the correct information is being sent to you.