Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- Learn more about cookies at the All About Cookies.org website
- Get comprehensive information about seeing and deleting cookies at the About Cookies website
You can control the cookies set by this website in the panel. You can change your preferences at any time.
Alternatively, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
The cookies/local storage we use on www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk are:
These are essential for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.
- Cookie name: 8e5e1bcd73fa50ca3bdb4b34e233d6b4, Expires: session (used to connect with the server)
This cookie maintains a link with your browser to ensure that the correct information is being sent to you, and expires when you close your web browser.
Cookie Settings Manager
- Cookie name: cc_cookie, Expires: 365 days (used to save cookie manager settings)
This cookie is used to store a user's choices for the cookie consent manager. It is set when the user accepts/rejects/saves settings, and expires after a given time.
These enhance website functionality and allow for personalisation, such as controlling web chat and notifications. The website may not function to full effect if you do not allow them.
GovDelivery Sign-up Form Pop-up
- Local Storage name: UKNEDDC_subscribe_overlay, Expires: persistent (used to control the email sign-up popup)
- Local Storage name: t, Expires: persistent (used to test the validity of local storage)
This local storage item controls the email sign-up popup on the home page and contact page. It is set when the user interacts with it.
Live Web Chat
- Local Storage name: co.*, Expires: persistent (used to control web chat)
- Local Storage name: @mitel/token*, Expires: persistent (used to control web chat)
These local storage items controls the behaviour and appearance of web chat on the home page and contact page.
- Cookie name: im_youtube, Expires: 180 days (used to always load external content)
- Cookie name: im_xmaps, Expires: 180 days (used to always load external content)
- Cookie name: im_googlemaps, Expires: 180 days (used to always load external content)
These cookies are used to store a user's choice for how the iframe manager loads external content. They are set when the user clicks the "Don't Ask Again" button(s) that overlays video and map embeds.
These allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so that we can measure and improve the website. They help us know which pages are most or least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Cookie name: _ga, Expires: 2 years (used to distinguish users)
- Cookie name: _gid, Expires: 24 hours (used to distinguish users)
- Cookie name: _gat, Expires: 1 minute (used to throttle request rate)
- Cookie name: _gat_UA-*, Expires: 1 minute (used to throttle request rate)
- Cookie name: _utma, Expires: 2 years (used to record visit time and frequency)
- Cookie name: _utmb, Expires: 30 minutes (used to identify new visits)
- Cookie name: _utmc, Expires: When the browser is closed (used to identify new visits)
- Cookie name: _utmz, Expires: 6 months (used to store traffic source)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites at Google's website
- More information about Google Analytics privacy at Google's website
We link to live web chat on our home page and contact page. This service is provided and hosted by Mitel, and cookies will be set by them only when you use it.