The main menu is currently hidden off screen.


When can I appeal a property band?

There are many circumstances in which you may make an appeal against your property's banding. For example, there may have been a structural change, part or all of the property may have been demolished or there may have been changes in the area that might affect the value.

You may also appeal against the banding of a new property or against an alteration in your banding made by the Valuation Office.

How long do I have to appeal if I moved house?

If you have recently moved house, you have six months from the date you moved in to make an appeal.

How do I appeal?

Appeals should be made to the Valuation Office at the following address:

  • Address:
    The Valuation Office Agency,
    Listing Officer,
    Council Tax East,
    Ground Floor,
    Ferrers House,
    Castle Meadow Road,
    NG2 1AB.
  • Main Switchboard: 03000 501 501

How will my Council Tax be affected?

If you do make an appeal against your banding, you must still pay your Council Tax bill. If your appeal is successful, your bill will be adjusted and any overpayments will be refunded to you.

More Information

For full details of the grounds for appealing against your banding visit the Valuation Office website.